Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Almera 03 juderring on power up.....

Options
  • 08-02-2015 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, perhaps someone can give me some pointers on my problem. Here are the details. When I turn the ignition on:

The "check engine light" turns on.
    Engine judders (revving up and down by itself in the idle to 2500rpm range).
    Once engine "warms up" or I drive - gently - for a while problem is gone.
    Problem remains gone unless I leave car off for a few hours.

The oil got low and there was a rattling sound when I pressed the gas pedal. It sounded like metal rubbing on metal. However, none of the above problems takes place at all. I put engine oil in and rattle stops but this juddering returns....

I have been told it might be the cam or crank shaft sensors or the timing chain. I'm no mechanic so wouldn't have a clue. Has anyone any ideas? I ask cos I was told the timing chain could be big bucks!!!

Could be a simpler problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

1.5 petrol?

Could be any of those that you mentioned. The 1.5 was notorious for stretching timing chains. How well does it start?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

Timing chain a possibilty, known to stretch on these models.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 olderbudweiser

Thanks lads....I have a feeling im gonna be spending a few bucks on this. It starts very badly once left for a few hours. However once warmed up theres no problem. I find it mad that once engine oil gets low and theres a rattle this problem is completely gone and once I top up the oil it returns....I dont get it....anyway, I guess Ill have to bite the bullet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

Thanks lads....I have a feeling im gonna be spending a few bucks on this. It starts very badly once left for a few hours. However once warmed up theres no problem. I find it mad that once engine oil gets low and theres a rattle this problem is completely gone and once I top up the oil it returns....I dont get it....anyway, I guess Ill have to bite the bullet :(

Take to a mechanic and let him have a look.
    If the car is losing oil, check it weekly and keep it topped up.
    You cant expect any reliability out of a car if you dont do the basics

Advertisement