Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ???????

Options
  • 08-02-2015 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

Contacting Eircom has become such a challenge. On Friday I spent almost two hours trying to speak with a manager, after being hung up on and passed about from op to op, I eventually got talking to a manager who helped me with my problem.
    My problem was an Eircom engineer cut my monitored Alarm cables which were connected to my phone but nothing to do with eircom. 
    Who compensates me for my expense to my Alarm company, they were here for 3 hours costing me €180, then the phone, broadband went they had to come back at 7pm to redo the whole procedure, havent received the cost of this yet, so eircom has cost me €180 so far , what are my options to claiming this back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Furthermore an engineer rang me yesterday morning saying he would call, in the afternoon  I got a call from a senior manager who said the engineer called and looked over everything, there was no one home so how could he check everything??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

macadam wrote: »
    Contacting Eircom has become such a challenge. On Friday I spent almost two hours trying to speak with a manager, after being hung up on and passed about from op to op, I eventually got talking to a manager who helped me with my problem.
    My problem was an Eircom engineer cut my monitored Alarm cables which were connected to my phone but nothing to do with eircom. 
    Who compensates me for my expense to my Alarm company, they were here for 3 hours costing me €180, then the phone, broadband went they had to come back at 7pm to redo the whole procedure, havent received the cost of this yet, so eircom has cost me €180 so far , what are my options to claiming this back.
    Hi macadam

Do you have an eircom account? If so please PM me the account number. Can you also clarify by PM if an eircom engineer physically came in to your premises and cut the line?

Thanks
    Al

You want me to give you my account details here??? I have sent you PM's but got no Reply

A brief run down this past few days with Eircom, No call from the manager I spoke with on Friday and no email address from him either, the guy I spoke with Saturday who was also supposed to send me an email and ring me Monday,failed on both. 
    Today after further problems I spent 1 full hour on the phone with a guy called Aaron who was  fine to deal with but the managers just do not want to talk, the customer service with Eircom is the worst service I have ever encountered anywhere or with any company, it is totally non existent, same with you guys here, no customer service at all... 
    So after my 1hr phone call with Aaron who confirmed to me 3 times that a Manager would definitely ring me within the hour, Im still waiting on that call, he/she was supposed to ring meat 18.54 at this stage only 30mins late. Again this highlights that when an agent speaks to a manager its the manager whos at fault, the guy Aaron left his area twice to confirm this he also supposedly emailed a reminder to the manager.. What a useless shower, surely someone needs to shake up this so call Company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

A brief run down this past few days with Eircom, No call from the manager I spoke with on Friday and no email address from him either, the guy I spoke with Saturday who was also supposed to send me an email and ring me Monday,failed on both. 
    Today after further problems I spent 1 full hour on the phone with a guy called Aaron who was  fine to deal with but the managers just do not want to talk, the customer service with Eircom is the worst service I have ever encountered anywhere or with any company, it is totally non existent, same with you guys here, no customer service at all... 
    So after my 1hr phone call with Aaron who confirmed to me 3 times that a Manager would definitely ring me within the hour, Im still waiting on that call, he/she was supposed to ring meat 18.54 at this stage only 30mins late. Again this highlights that when an agent speaks to a manager its the manager whos at fault, the guy Aaron left his area twice to confirm this he also supposedly emailed a reminder to the manager.. What a useless shower, surely someone needs to shake up this so call Company.
    Hi macadam

I do apologise for the delays and inconvenience this is causing. As soon as I have more information I will let you know straight away.

Thanks
    AL

• Advertisement

Hi macadam

I do apologise for the delays and inconvenience this is causing. As soon as I have more information I will let you know straight away.

Thanks
    AL
    "Straight away" doesnt seem to exist in EIRCOM !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi macadam

Thanks
    AL
    "Straight away" doesnt seem to exist in EIRCOM !!!
    Hi macadam
    Al has sent this to the section you mention above, I have chased again this morning and will chase again for update on this.
    Apologies for delay, I understand this has to be frustrating, as issue was due to tech visit.
    I will be back as soon as I have update.
    Tony

Still waiting, do you guys really think you're providing me with a service? Because Im paying for something, I dont know exactly what it is but Im not getting any value for money. Has anyone else on here a solution....  

Still waiting, do you guys really think you're providing me with a service? Because Im paying for something, I dont know exactly what it is but Im not getting any value for money. Has anyone else on here a solution....  
    Hi macadam
    You should certainly have been contacted before now on resolving this. I apologies for the wait, we have sent this to technical team in your area for fix. I have chased this again and asked for update on appointment time / date.
    I will be back with this info.
    Tony

We will see how long this takes..zzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement

We will see how long this takes..zzzzzzzzzzzz
    I will be back as soon as I have update macadam and have pushed this again this morning.
    Tony

Another 24 hours for just a reply....

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Another 24 hours for just a reply....

Don't be too upset. I'm about to pass th biblicle 40 days without a phone line. Did manage to receive a credit but only after I spent an hour trying to cancel my broadband. I felt very special being put through to the loyalty team. Even last week I had from high authority that my line would be repaired by Tuesday this week.
    Not to worry 4g is going live in 3 weeks in my area.
    Expect my call.

Still waiting on that update, they wont be as slow at sending the bill for the service that clearly does not exist ......
    I must say one thing about Eircom, they re fairly prompt at sending out the bill notifications mine came in this evening at 20.19pm, I presume Tony and the crew dont have anything to do with this end of it. It always comes on time you see !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

If your not under a new contract switch providers. Pick a tier one company though because if you think eircoms reps are bad you won't be able handle how tier two companies operate. They basically rent off eircom and every problem still goes through eircom wholesale but now with an added middleman.

Vodafone Ireland would be my suggestion. They will happily take a new customer and I bet are a fraction cheaper too. They were at least when I worked in the industry a few years back

Still waiting on that update, they wont be as slow at sending the bill for the service that clearly does not exist ......

There is a terms of service part on your contract. If the service being paid for is not being received its grounds to cancel without penalty.

Don't be too upset. I'm about to pass th biblicle 40 days without a phone line. Did manage to receive a credit but only after I spent an hour trying to cancel my broadband. I felt very special being put through to the loyalty team. Even last week I had from high authority that my line would be repaired by Tuesday this week.
    Expect my call.

That 3 week thing is just sales talk friend. It won't go live until the exchange is updated. Which may be sheduled soon but the reason they get sheduled is so companies can put feet on the street and pre sign people.

I sold broadband to half a rural town promising it would be live in a few weeks, it took 60 weeks! Just a heads up, until your using it don't count on it

Lucidlife ,

I was with VF before coming back they are actually worse to deal with than this shower, and its the same engineers that come out with the same smug grin on their face..

LucidLife wrote: »

If your not under a new contract switch providers. Pick a tier one company though because if you think eircoms reps are bad you won't be able handle how tier two companies operate. They basically rent off eircom and every problem still goes through eircom wholesale but now with an added middleman.

Vodafone Ireland would be my suggestion.  They will happily take a new customer and I bet are a fraction cheaper too. They were at least when I worked in the industry a few years back

LucidLife wrote: »
    That 3 week thing is just sales talk friend. It won't go live until the exchange is updated. Which may be sheduled soon but the reason they get sheduled is so companies can put feet on the street and pre sign people.

I sold broadband to half a rural town promising it would be live in a few weeks, it took 60 weeks! Just a heads up, until your using it don't count on it

Thanks for that. I'm using 4g on my mobile . So it must be updated and in test mode. I work from home or at least did until eircom failed to repair or attempt to repair my line. So thankfully a fortnight or so ago I picked up a 4g signal. It's costing as I don't have a bundled contract on my phone for data but it keeps me in a job.

I can't do anything with eircom . I have tried. 1901, loyalty team, boards. I got the best response n social media. Is there any point going to local independants or councils, as I fear this might be a local issue with eircom dragging their extremely heavy heels. In mayo castlebar area.

I think its country wide Im on the east coast, its more a management issue similar to our hospitals where no one seems to be in control. Just a waste of a service really, you can see by the lack of replies here, even for shame sake they are kinda running out of excuses..

• Advertisement

I think its country wide Im on the east coast, its more a management issue similar to our hospitals where no one seems to be in control. Just a waste of a service really, you can see by the lack of replies here, even for shame sake they are kinda running out of excuses..
    Hi macadam, I have full update on this and am PMing you now.
    Tony

Expect my call.

Ah well might as well cancel my eircom contract here as it might get missed if I were to phone in on 1901.
    So sad to lbe treated this way. After 42 dAys there is no point continuing with this madness. A totAl disgrace. This company have made my working life to almost being made redundant.
    Thank you crowd of clowns in eircom.

Tony
    True to the eircom cause Tony, I'm still waiting on that PM, are you guys on earth or somewhere else on the solar system?
    Also Tony thanks for the call you never made yesterday your a credit to eircom , dont let the side down ..

Tony
    Still the PM hasnt come, I honestly would love a job like these guys they just dont give a sh1t about their customers and are getting away with it.

After 2 1/2 days still no PM from Tony, I wonder is he off sick???

Lodged a complaint today with customer services probably a waste of time, it's like a merry go round with this company everyone just passes you on to the next person and so on, oh and Tony your included in the complaint, you have my number you had your chance to PM or put whatever up here but you failed on all accounts..

Lodged a complaint today with customer services probably a waste of time, it's like a merry go round with this company everyone just passes you on to the next person and so on, oh and Tony your included in the complaint, you have my number you had your chance to PM or put whatever up here but you failed on all accounts..
    Hi macadam
    I did not receive your PM from Friday until today, we do not cover weekends. So my apologies for delay. I have PM'd you re this issue. I have followed up with tech manager there and will be back on this.
    Tony

Hi macadam
    I did not receive your PM from Friday until today, we do not cover weekends. So my apologies for delay. I have PM'd you re this issue. I have followed up with tech manager there and will be back on this.
    Tony
    Wonderful, But I haven't received the PM with the update you were sending Friday 20/2/15 !!

Tried 1901 this evening. The recorded message now says. " your line fault on the 10th of January was repaired on the 13th of January.
    Are eircom actually closing out repairs to keep their figures looking good.
    I had to get the call reopened.
    Ah fcuk this . I'm finished.

• Advertisement

Hi macadam
    Tony
    Wonderful, But I haven't received the PM with the update you were sending Friday 20/2/15 !!
    Hi macadam
    I have checked and PM was sent, I have resent again. Thanks for taking my call and I will be back later today.
    Tony

Advertisement