Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ???????

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Tried 1901 this evening. The recorded message now says. " your line fault on the 10th of January was repaired on the 13th of January.
    Are eircom actually closing out repairs to keep their figures looking good.
    I had to get the call reopened.
    Ah fcuk this . I'm finished.
    Hi homewardbound11
    If you PM me with your landline or current ref I can chase this for you and ensure you are advised on status.
    Your fault should not be closed unless issue resolved.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

macadam wrote: »
    After 2 1/2 days still no PM from Tony, I wonder is he off sick???

Lodged a complaint today with customer services probably a waste of time, it's like a merry go round with this company everyone just passes you on to the next person and so on, oh and Tony your included in the complaint, you have my number you had your chance to PM or put whatever up here but you failed on all accounts..
    Hi macadam
    I did not receive your PM from Friday until today, we do not cover weekends. So my apologies for delay. I have PM'd you re this issue. I have followed up with tech manager there and will be back on this.
    Tony
    Wonderful, But I haven't received the PM with the update you were sending Friday 20/2/15 !!
    Hi macadam
    I have checked and PM was sent, I have resent again. Thanks for taking my call and I will be back later today.
    Tony
    PmM hasnt arrived in y inbox, had two nice chats with Tony today, its seems that the different departments in eircom do not really communicate, I have a case ref no set up by a manager yet I always have to answer the same questions about my case, I just want this resolved, since the 8 of Feb I have spent over 4 1/2 hours on the phone trying to get through and talking bout the same thing over and over again....

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi homewardbound11
    If you PM me with your landline or current ref I can chase this for you and ensure you are advised on status.
    Tony

Ok
    Broadband returned fully today. Not sure why but I have my 6 mb again. It is such a pity that so much damage has been done in the mean time. I've lost 1 and a half months broadband, seriously effected my work and from eircom relations it has damaged any loyalty I've had with them for the past 15 years. I will move when the time is right for a better contract. Tony I shouldn't have to give my number just look up line faults for 09490 numbers from January. I'll be in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi homewardbound11
    Tony

Ok
    Broadband returned fully today. Not sure why but I have my 6 mb again. It is such a pity that so much damage has been done in the mean time. I've lost 1 and a half months broadband, seriously effected my work and from eircom relations it has damaged any loyalty I've had with them for the past 15 years. I will move when the time is right for a better contract. Tony I shouldn't have to give my number just look up line faults for 09490 numbers from January. I'll be in it.
    Hi homewardbound11

I am very sorry to hear of the negative impact this has had on you. It's good to hear that your broadband is back up and running however evidently overdue. Should you experience issues again please do let us know here right away and we will treat any further issues with urgency.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Almost 5 weeks now since I made a complaint and the problem is getting progressively worse, OK it did settle down fro about a week, but as i write this post I have no Broadband the phone wont work, Oh I bet im still paying for this so called "SERVICE", last week I had two managers from the local area in my house to see about the cut cables, they basically were saying I cut these myself leaving myself with a monitored alarm sys, that I paid to get installed, these guys are very hard work they tried twisting everything, I'd safely say it cost €300+ to send the two bucks out..
    I have also emailed the manager who said he would sort this mess out, but not received a reply as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Gugán

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM RIP-OFF: a cautionary tale![/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I recently switched phone provider from EIRCOM to Vodafone on my work phone. In theory it should be a seamless switch from one to another, you needn't do anything, and you shouldn't be double charged.
    But EIRCOM have a sharp practice stunt they pull.
    My month's package of free calls, line etc was cancelled by them 3 weeks into my month, and here's the scam: they retrospectively cancelled the package back the 3 weeks, and then they so kindly screwed me by charging me the top rate for every single call made in those 3 weeks-€143 in calls to be precise!! Scammers!😀😀😀
    Their unfriendly customer service say this is a legit rip-off, is their company policy and approved...... Comreg said Eircom are not allowed to rip people off with this scam, and have being cautioned before.....more hassle and grief to get my money back! ðŸ˜¡
    So in conclusion: firstly don't go near EIRCOM, but if you are already caught with them, move your account on the first day of a new month's package! There, my rant is over, a weight is lifted.....!![/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Gugán wrote: »
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM RIP-OFF: a cautionary tale![/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I recently switched phone provider from EIRCOM to Vodafone on my work phone. In theory it should be a seamless switch from one to another, you needn't do anything, and you shouldn't be double charged.
    But EIRCOM have a sharp practice stunt they pull.
    My month's package of free calls, line etc was cancelled by them 3 weeks into my month, and here's the scam: they retrospectively cancelled the package back the 3 weeks, and then they so kindly screwed me by charging me the top rate for every single call made in those 3 weeks-€143 in calls to be precise!! Scammers!😀😀😀
    Their unfriendly customer service say this is a legit rip-off, is their company policy and approved...... Comreg said Eircom are not allowed to rip people off with this scam, and have being cautioned before.....more hassle and grief to get my money back! ðŸ˜¡
    So in conclusion: firstly don't go near EIRCOM, but if you are already caught with them, move your account on the first day of a new month's package! There, my rant is over, a weight is lifted.....!![/font]
    Hi Gugán

I'm sorry to hear of this. If you would like me to look further in to this please PM me the associated eircom account number. You mentioned that comreg advised that eircom are not allowed do this - have you logged a complaint with comreg?

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement