Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Flash won't install

Options
  • 08-02-2015 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

I double click on the installer, and nothing happens. The process pops up in Task Manager, but does nothing. I've tried so many times now, please help? I'm on Windows 7 ultimate, but I don't have many of the updates installed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Had same prob last week, I googled the prob and it brought me to a website toms hardware and the solution was there. Cant actually remember the exact prob but it was handy to sort, sorry not more help

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Can anyone help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Make sure all your browsers are closed, and try downloading the installer and running it as administrator by right clicking on it and selecting "Run As Administrator".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Also try this: Start >> Run, type %APPDATA% into the box and press Enter. Delete the Macromedia folder, reboot your PC and try again.

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement

Still not installing, anything else I can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

AFAIK its built-in to Chrome. Try that, or even better, SRWare Iron, a version that doesn't spy on you. https://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php

I'm on Firefox, but i'll try that thanks

Advertisement