Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Relegation Thread

Comments

Saipanne wrote: »
    You can't help but say if Pardew wasn't hounded out by the fans, they might not be in this position.

Or that he may have left them with enough points to stay up despite only having half a season with them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Leicester
    Or that he may have left them with enough points to stay up despite only having half a season with them!

Agreed Pardew for manager of the year for keeping two poor teams up if Newcastle survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Everton
    You can't help but say if Pardew wasn't hounded out by the fans, they might not be in this position.

If they eke out a survival the thanks have to go to Pardew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Everton
    If they eke out a survival the thanks have to go to Pardew.

Don't hold your breath on that! ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Newcastle have packed it in. I feel for the fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Patser

QPR
    Newcastle really are in full on implosion mode. Leicester and Hull only 1 point behind, Villa can overtake with a win today, Sunderland could move up to touching distance

Leicester
    The next 30 minutes could prove to be massive. Villa and Sunderland both currently lead by one.

Everton
    Sunderland won. Newcastle in real danger now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Leicester
    Sees last post was by Saipanne *Instantly knew it would be about Newcastle*

Although I backed Newc to get Relegated, they've two home games left. I reckon they can grab 2 points. Probably enough to be safe.

• Advertisement

Everton
    Sees last post was by Saipanne *Instantly knew it would be about Newcastle*

Although I backed Newc to get Relegated, they've two home games left. I reckon they can grab 2 points. Probably enough to be safe.

They can't buy a win right now. What are you basing this on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

They can't buy a win right now. What are you basing this on?

Hence why he said 2 points. Not beyond the realms of possibility that they'll draw 2 home games against West Brom and West Ham, is it?

QPR
    You still thinking you're doomed Paully?

It's 1 from 6 teams now, that's good odds.

Edit- Actually after West Brom result 1 in 5

Patser wrote: »
    You still thinking you're doomed Paully?

Absolutely.

With the fixtures us and those around us have we need at least 4 points, probably more. It's just not going to happen.

QPR
    Paully D wrote: »
    Absolutely.

With the fixtures us and those around us have we need at least 4 points, probably more. It's just not going to happen.

Sorry Paully that's nonsense. You need 2 points currently and then take each result from there. 1 month ago Leicester were dead and buried, now they're looking safe. Did you expect Sunderland to win today? Probably not but ye did. What about West Brom, anyone see that coming.

I agree Sunderland are currently in worst position, as they are actually in the relegation zone. But given Newcastle's implosion and manager killing team spirit, Hull's run in and the fact ye won today, there's still hope.

Just don't do it at Villa's expense

Everton
    Hence why he said 2 points. Not beyond the realms of possibility that they'll draw 2 home games against West Brom and West Ham, is it?

Eight losses in a row says you're wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Home game usually means an advantage to the home team, however in Newcastle's case with the current ill feeling towards the team and the subsequent pressure the fans will place on them, I think home games may be a curse rather than a blessing.
    I genuinely fear for Newcastle

• Leicester
    Unearthly wrote: »
    Newcastle have packed it in. I feel for the fans

Mike Ashley let this ****e happen to them.
    And the fans gave pardew some stick, bet they wish he was still at the helm now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

ArtyM wrote: »
    Home game usually means an advantage to the home team, however in Newcastle's case with the current ill feeling towards the team and the subsequent pressure the fans will place on them, I think home games may be a curse rather than a blessing.
    I genuinely fear for Newcastle
    Newcastle will probably survive, just. Burnley and QPR are gone. And looking at Sunderland's remaining games (Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea away and Leicester at home), they're going to struggle. They could end up not getting another point. With their poorer GD, They need to claw back two points on Hull and Leicester, as well as two points on the geordies;
    EdhJRY4.png

Burnley, QPR and Sunderland for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Leicester
    Would be mental if Newcastle went down. Before the 9 game losing streak, they were over 300/1 to get relegated. Today they are 5/1.

Everton
    I wouldnt feel bad for Newcastle fans. They hounded Pardew from the club and screamed how he was to blame and is terrible and they'd be better without him. Now its a reality check. Pardew was overachieving with that woeful squad. Pardew has probably just about managed to get enough points to keep them in the division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Everton
    Oh look, another thread has descended into bashing Newcastle fans and sucking Pardew off.

This place is a farce. Same users, all circlejerking and thanking each others posts. It got old in January lads.

No harm if Newcastle go down tbh.

Might wake Ashley up

Everton
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Oh look, another thread has descended into bashing Newcastle fans and sucking Pardew off.

This place is a farce. Same users, all circlejerking and thanking each others posts. It got old in January lads.
    Just stating facts. Stay classy and chill the **** out man. Its not like you and your friends wont go for a good "circlejerk" if Pardew looses to Chelsea claiming ye were right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Leicester

Dry your eyes, Newcastle are in freefall and so quite rightly are being discussed in the "Premier league relegation thread".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Leicester
    Dry your eyes, Newcastle are in freefall and so quite rightly are being discussed in the "Premier league relegation thread".

I very much doubt the person took exception to them being discussed in the relegation thread unless they are that deluded. If they had appointed a proper manager in place of Pardew they may not be in this mess, but until then, we'll never know.

Everton
    Mushy wrote: »
    I very much doubt the person took exception to them being discussed in the relegation thread unless they are that deluded. If they had appointed a proper manager in place of Pardew they may not be in this mess, but until then, we'll never know.
    Exactly. The departure of Pardew has adversely affected their season. But apparently thats termed a "circlejerk". Classy

Leicester
    Exactly. The departure of Pardew has adversely affected their season. But apparently thats termed a "circlejerk". Classy

It always crops up though about Pardew. He really did have to leave the club, he was toxic there. Obviously doesn't help with Ashley running the show either. You can't deny there are a few people always bringing up Pardew at Newcastle in lots of threads.

In terms of relegation, I've been saying to a mate we should plan a trip to St James Park for the Leeds game next year:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Er; not all of us are "toon-bashing".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

The comment was not regarding newcastle being in this thread! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

blueser wrote: »
    Er; not all of us are "toon-bashing".

One guy is, and has form doing it in numerous threads. Borderline obsessive behaviour.

Everton
    CSF wrote: »
    One guy is, and has form doing it in numerous threads. Borderline obsessive behaviour.

I cant help it if he likes my post yet classy fans leap on it. ****in hell cant mention them anywhere I guess with oversensitive fans. Unforunately they are topical atm.

Mushy wrote: »
    In terms of relegation, I've been saying to a mate we should plan a trip to St James Park for the Leeds game next year:pac:

Big game alright...though there are a few in the NUFC thread who were jeering at Leeds as a small club...so would be a little amusing to see them at the same level and of course with their very much older and dustier trophy cabinet. But still think. Pardew did enough to keep them up in the half season he was there. If he did, they should build a statue to him.

Everton
    Big game alright...though there are a few in the NUFC thread who were jeering at Leeds as a small club...so would be a little amusing to see them at the same level and of course with their very much older and dustier trophy cabinet. But still think. Pardew did enough to keep them up in the half season he was there. If he did, they should build a statue to him.

Careful now Con they need to be handled with care.

Leicester

If he did enough to keep them up in the half season, did he also not do enough to keep them up if they do go down?

Up until around a month ago we all thought it would take one of the lower points totals in Premier League history to stay up, now it's looking like it might even take 38 to guarantee survival. Only 2 seasons in the last 15 would you have needed more than 38 points to stay up.

I'd still be astonished if Sunderland didn't drop alongside QPR and Burnley given their fixtures, the opposition fixtures and the fact they need to make up a point as it is.

My predictor is below. If anyone else wants to give it a go I'll include the link:

http://www.thesportspredictor.com/#/predictor/pro

908dbbf33b2e600431a8da6ae8293fdd.png

QPR
    It's madly frustrating alright Paully. You spend ages watching your team lose, along with all those around you, thinking if only they'd string a few results together we'll be grand. Then as soon as they do, so do all the others.

Hull's fans were over the moon on Tuesday when they beat Liverpool thinking that'll be enough, no way Villa Leicester and Sunderland will all win. Now again they're only 1 point above the drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Raf32 wrote: »

Usual newspaper lark. No direct quotes from the players apparently being worried about their families.

Newcastle to survive by a point for me.

QPR
    Go on Paully, say it again.

Turning into a case of who blinks 1st now. Everyone suddenly winning.

• Advertisement

Villa, Hull, Leicester and Newcastle will all take something today, most if not all of the aforementioned will probably win so we needed that just to stand still in all likelihood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Luckily we've got the best coach in the league to guide us to our first win in 8 games....

1o6q80.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's grand. He doesn't have to be totally right. Just right to within a 16 coach margin for error.:-)

Anyway, are you sure the footage wasn't edited to remove the word driver?

Everton
    Villa, Hull, Leicester and Newcastle will all take something today, most if not all of the aforementioned will probably win so we needed that just to stand still in all likelihood.

Throw on an accumulator say you'd gey great odds on that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

all the action in the EPL is at the bottom end of the table - Chelsea winning was a total non event - but who joins QPR and burnley is a different story - possibly Hull for me , but if newcastle lose today , with there deluded (best coach in league) - they could be buried too

Leicester
    If Newcastle fall into the relegation zone, they definitely wont get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great result. sunderlands last 2 games meant it would be boring if they were 18th going into last 2 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

With 2 spots done and dusted they only need to be better than 1 of 4 teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Leicester one up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Leicester
    Leicester City are barnstorming to victory 2-0

Advertisement