Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elective C Section on first child.

Options
  • 08-02-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys.... Well. I discovered yesterday after 3 positive pregnancy tests that I am pregnant. We are getting married in 4.5 months time. So to say I am shocked is a massive understatement. I do feel excited though. Going to get the bloods done tomorrow.

My question is about elective C section.

It is my first child. However, I have a condition which brings on extreme anxiety. It turns on my fight or flight system for no absolutely no reason and its completely outside my control. It's so bad, i've ended up in A&E twice thinking I was legitimately having a heart attack. As a result, I now panic when anything feels out of the ordinary in my body. Like I said, it's not something I have ANY control over in terms of the anxiety being switched on and this stuff never bothered me before I got this condition.

I want to get an elective C section for the birth as I honestly don't think I can do it with my condition. I think my doctor will actually agree with me as I am so sensitive to tablets and painkillers, I can barely take anything. Even things over the counter have an adverse effect on me.

Gas and air would be a no-no for sure. I'm not sure about the epidural but even if I can take it, the fact that you can't get it guaranteed really frightens me.

I have had both general and local anaesthetics before and I was ok. A few side effects but nothing major.

So I have done my homework on the recovery time and the complications. They all seem worth it compared to doing this alone, potentially without pain relief and my condition at full mast!

So.... i've made my decision. I want an elective C section. It is the right choice for me. So if you're posting to discourage me, it may be harder than you thought. ;)

Does anyone know of any consultants that are Elective C Section friendly that I could talk to? Just in case the doctor thing doesn't have the outcome that I want?

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it. ;)

Advertisement