Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel for Paddy's Day

Options
  • 08-02-2015 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

I need a hotel for the one night, March 17th. I've been on the travel sites and all that but I find them a little confusing and feel like I'm not getting the best deal.

I'm looking to spend probably no more than €80 and don't mind travelling anywhere public transport will take me. I would be going back to the hotel probably around midnight. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Demand on Paddys Day will be huge so you're going to have to pay a good bit more than normal.

Looking at Hotels Combined you are unlikely to find anything very close for €80 in the City. Ibis Clondalkin or Clarion Liffey Valley probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You are going to have to up your budget for anywhere over the Patricks Day holiday. Also, buses & Darts stop running at 11.15 ish, so factor in a steep taxi fare too, if you are going back the hotel around midnight. The Luas runs a bit later, so if you pay a bit more to stay somewhere on the Luas lines, you could save yourself the taxi fare. I haven't heard anything about public transport operating later due to the holiday, the way that they did on New Years Eve, but they might.

What problem do you have with the travel sites? They are pretty straightforward. You put in your dates and it gives you the various hotel options and prices. Most of them have links to traveler reviews too, so you can read what others have to say about the place. I use Hotels.com and Priceline a lot and I find them great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Thanks guys. I can get the Ibis for €109 and that suits me well. Will make sure to make the last LUAS back to it, be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I'd go with here > BnB
    Then put the extra money into a taxi back. Taxi will be under €20. Much nicer way to spend the night and better value.

Advertisement