Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

possible to transfer an NCT appointment?

Options
  • 08-02-2015 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

say I've booked a (modernish) car in for a test but now wish to put a different one (1982) in without cancelling the first appointment and having to wait for a second one, is it possible to just call them up and transfer the reg number on the booking? Both cars owned by me BTW.

I'd just ring them up only it's Sunday :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kja1888

If you can't change the appointment in time, it's generally ok just to turn up with the 2nd car and put it through, although it does depend on the circumstances in the Centre at the time. You'll need your driving licence (passport won't be accepted) and the original car will probably have a cancelation fee put on it when it does get tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

I did the same last thursday,i turned up with a 95 pajero in place of a 03 mitsubishi,no mention of cancellation fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭trevorbrady

like just turned up on the day? Or did you rearrange the booking beforehand?

thanks for the replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Not wishing to hijack, but just a quick question on similar issue. Have an NCT on Thursday which is now too soon in the day. Would it be possible to move it to a later time on the date without some fee involved, or will it be a cancellation and new booking job?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

like just turned up on the day? Or did you rearrange the booking beforehand?

thanks for the replies :)
    Just turned up had no choice the gearbox went on the mitsubishi , i dont think they care as long as you fill the slot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭trevorbrady

nice one, cheers :)

Advertisement