Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop notifications?

Options
  • 08-02-2015 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. I remembered yesterday that the email address I signed up to Boards on was a Vodafone one which doesn't exist anymore so I changed it to my current one.
    That went fine but since I've been getting an email every time one of my followed threads is replied to. I've got 'no email notification' set in my User CP but there must be something else I've accidentally ticked/unticked.
    Anyone got any ideas 'cos it's driving me nuts. Cheers.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The User CP entry applies to new threads. You'll need to unsubscribe from older threads in:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Hi. I remembered yesterday that the email address I signed up to Boards on was a Vodafone one which doesn't exist anymore so I changed it to my current one.
    That went fine but since I've been getting an email every time one of my followed threads is replied to. I've got 'no email notification' set in my User CP but there must be something else I've accidentally ticked/unticked.
    Anyone got any ideas 'cos it's driving me nuts. Cheers.

Unfollow the thread and then select follow again. On the full site it'll ask do you want emails, on the touch site it doesn't ask but you won't get any emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Cheers for the speed. Can I unsubscribe from them all in one go or do I have to tick all 1500ish individually? I still want them to appear in my followed threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Cheers for the speed. Can I unsubscribe from them all in one go or do I have to tick all 1500ish individually? I still want them to appear in my followed threads.

I'm guessing you'll have to go through them individually. Maybe just do them as you receive an email for that thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Try this in your followed threads folder. Click the box for all, then click the down arrow and select "no email notification" and then hit go.

5hxtQe.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Cheers all. Seems to have worked. I can sleep tonight.

Advertisement