Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chronograph question

Options
  • 08-02-2015 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Well lads and lassies. I was just wondering is there some where in ireland that you can get your rifle chronographed, I'd like to push out my distance a bit and have the exact fps for the ballistic calculator. I didn't really want to have to spend €150 or so on something I'd probably only use once or twice. Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'm sure someone here has one, and wwould have no trouble giving you a bash through it.

They are very good for estimating ranges based on actual speeds and not factory stated ones, but in the end they are still only a "guess-timate". IOW you may find that real world results still vary from what the BC gives you.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Nightforce 65X55

gunning84 wrote: »
    Well lads and lassies. I was just wondering is there some where in ireland that you can get your rifle chronographed, I'd like to push out my distance a bit and have the exact fps for the ballistic calculator. I didn't really want to have to spend €150 or so on something I'd probably only use once or twice. Any info would be appreciated.

I was in the Midlands today , It was closed due to the Heavy Fog, but I saw a Chronograph on the Desk behind the counter , you could probably get it chrono'ed there....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gunning84

I'll give them a buzz during the week to see what the story is. It would be nice to know as a good reference point. Thanks lads

Advertisement