Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scammers near Kent Train Station

Options
  • 08-02-2015 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭

Two days in a row now I've been asked for money by two different people to help them get enough money for a train ticket, DO NOT believe any of their sob stories. They were just going from person to person asking for a euro or two to help buy a ticket, they obviously were having success too as my girlfriend and the woman behind us were both kind enough to give him a few euro the first day. Person A claimed to have lost his bus pass (he had a Social Welfare ticket in his wallet, seemed very believable actually) and hadn't enough money with him to buy a ticket to Tralee, and person B claimed to be a busker (with harmonica) who had no money for a ticket. Just say no if you're asked for change. They prey on people's good will. Don't be conned.

Just warning ye.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Two days in a row now I've been asked for money by two different people to help them get enough money for a train ticket, DO NOT believe any of their sob stories. They were just going from person to person asking for a euro or two to help buy a ticket, they obviously were having success too as my girlfriend and the woman behind us were both kind enough to give him a few euro the first day. Person A claimed to have lost his bus pass (he had a Social Welfare ticket in his wallet, seemed very believable actually) and hadn't enough money with him to buy a ticket to Tralee, and person B claimed to be a busker (with harmonica) who had no money for a ticket. Just say no if you're asked for change. They prey on people's good will. Don't be conned.

Just warning ye.

What do they look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Jeju

Read the OP post one looks like A and the second looks like B with a harmonica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

What do they look like?

First guy was about 6ft with short brown hair, shirt and jeans, very excited. Second guy wore a leather jacket, Dublin accent, scruffy hair, bout 5'9 maybe. Both seemed pretty normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Nothing like the guy that's approached me three times at busaras with the exact same story everytime ive gotten a bus back to Cork. Bunch of chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

calnand wrote: »
    Nothing like the guy that's approached me three times at busaras with the exact same story everytime ive gotten a bus back to Cork. Bunch of chancers.

Seen them operating in busaras over the years. Once a bald guy claiming to be going to Belfast asks for the euro he needed. And asked again ten minutes later, realising half way through the sentence that he'd tapped us already. Saw him in the shop changing the coins for a serious amount of notes. Couldn't believe the shop were facilitating such an obvious scam. Another guy, the same day, tried the same thing, walked away with the balls to say "good will is dead in this country", and my mate laughed at his gall, your man started an actual row with him, seriously violent. Pure scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Was so annoyed we had one chap call into work. He had like a chefs jacket in all on him. Big burly lad, black hair and talked like he was a little slow... He said he worked in the Silver Quay and he had locked himself out of the house and needed bus money to get to work... He said he would call back during the week and give me the money back.. Heard nothing and rang the pub and they said he had been doing it for ages

Advertisement