Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nigel Pearson sacked?

• 08-02-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭

Rumours all over Twitter this evening. Still; he said he can look after himself, here's his chance to prove it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Detestable character, delighted for him if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

CSF wrote: »
    Detestable character, delighted for him if true.

Why detestable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Bein Sports saying he has been sacked and that what happened yesterday may have been a contributory factor.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Why detestable?
    A number of reasons, having watched his interviews on Match of the Day, the Football League show and others over a number of years, coupled with his behaviour yesterday, he really is up there with Pardew in terms of his conduct.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

As unlikely as it sounds I have a mate who is pretty well connected at Leicester and he's told me that he actually hasn't been sacked but has left by mutual consent as he has offers on the table from two other clubs that he's really interested in. Take it with a pinch of salt obviously but the clubs are ministry of sound and chinawhite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Fingers crossed O'Neill goes back. Currently the bookies favourite :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,206 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Godot. wrote: »

That would be what the fans would want I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

lertsnim wrote: »
    Bein Sports saying he has been sacked and that what happened yesterday may have been a contributory factor.

While it's probably true, they haven't a bloody clue. Going by info the genuinely heard I'd say they may as well say the moon landing is a factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He's a proper weirdo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Fairly nasty yesterday, looked menacing enough with the fake smile with his hands round the Palace players neck, then a bit unhinged while he stood there hanging on to his sleeve, not letting him go for an uncomfortable length of time.

Sacking confirmed in Guardian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

What did he do yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I wouldn't like to be a bottom half/relegation threatened team trying to appoint a new manager at this time. Look at this list, now peg it down to realistic candidates. Woeful:

2b395cf621ae845df2130f385dd79438.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ya the interview after was completely bizarre he is a big lad and he could handle himself yet it was him being the aggressor credit has to go to the Palace player for not retaliating, strange the way nothing much was said about this conduct it was truly despicable as bad as the Pardew headbutt IMO and that was overblown to no end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

What did he do yesterday?

And his post match interview;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Pardew is a saint in compirision to that obnoxious piece of dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

He was like that as a player with Middlesbourough too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That incident is just so weird. The way Pearson keeps holding on to his jersey for ages. Just bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Disgusting vermin of a man hope he suffers for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

ricero wrote: »
    Disgusting vermin of a man hope he suffers for years

Am I missing something here?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Pardew's sheepish reaction to the attempted throttling was pretty funny. For a minute there he looked like he might intervene then thought better of it. Maybe the irony wasn't entirely lost on him?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Pardew's sheepish reaction to the attempted throttling was pretty funny. For a minute there he looked like he might intervene then thought better of it. Maybe the irony wasn't entirely lost on him?

To be fair to Pardew, he was probably as confused as everyone else as to just what the hell was going on.

The camera picks up Pardew afterwards asking "what happened" and Pearson just put his hand out and turned away.

Delighted for Pearson anyway if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Eh, he's the Ireland manager , surely that would be an obstacle !?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

John Delaney will be having kittens (or maybe not.... #compensation )

Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball · 1m1 minute ago
    Martin O'Neill favourite to succeed Nigel Pearson at @OfficialFOXES: http://bit.ly/1KxnF0V

Maybe he hasn't gone yet;

MV8AFap.png

Very odd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

He wouldn't touch that sinking ship. Too much like hard work

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Just seen on sky sports that leicester released a statement saying pearson is still in charge!!

Too much like hard work? I have serious reservations about MON's footballing philosophy, but he's no designer manager. He came up via the scenic route of the lower leagues and Leicester's current predicament wouldn't phase him.

Edit - seems we jumped the gun on this one.

FA need to charge Pearson then. Completely out of order.

Too much like hard work? I have serious reservations about MON's footballing philosophy, but he's no designer manager. He came up via the scenic route of the lower leagues and Leicester's current predicament wouldn't phase him.

Edit - seems we jumped the gun on this one.
    Meaning me, I guess (seeing as I posted the original rumour). Guilty as charged. Never trust Twitter!

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    Meaning me, I guess (seeing as I posted the original rumour). Guilty as charged. Never trust Twitter!

To be fair to you, lot of press ran with it as a fait accompli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Major egg on the faces of Sky Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Major egg on the faces of Sky Sports.

They didn't break the news. They got it from elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Oh great, expect Pearson's face to be squared right up against the camera in the next post-match interview then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

He'll probably be sacked tomorrow, usually how these things go.

Maybe he was sacked but Nige "convinced" the chairman to keep him on.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭paulgalway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Nigel clinging on.

Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

"Leicester City have sacked manager Nigel Pearson, according to Sky sources."

I agree with you, but they would no doubt have claimed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Sky Sports News ran a poll earlier on and the Leicester fans were voting 70-30 to keep him on.

Sky Sports News ran a poll earlier on and the Leicester fans were voting 70-30 to keep him on.

I'm sure you can see the problem with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

The fabled "Sky sources". I.e. they saw someone else break it and decided to claim it from themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hopefully Martin O Neill gets the job so he can rock off from Ireland.

Would be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

sugarman wrote: »
    O'Neill out

McCarthy/Lennon/Kerr in

Would be delighted with any of those 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

No idea why there is so much hostility to Pearson on here. Is there something I'm missing?

If it's based on Saturday's incident then I despair for humanity. It was a whole load of nothing.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    No idea why there is so much hostility to Pearson on here. Is there something I'm missing?

If it's based on Saturday's incident then I despair for humanity. It was a whole load of nothing.
    Okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

The fabled "Sky sources". I.e. they saw someone else break it and decided to claim it from themselves.
    Apparently they just saw some player's wife's tweet and then ran the story. Classy Journalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Yes, He's an aggro a^&*hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

it seams to be based on Saturday - storm in a tea cup for me too, any form of aggression now is frowned upon by the PC brigade - take a look at other contact sports such as rugby or Gaileic football - football is, or used to be a competitive contact sport , occasionally tempers get lost , such is life . No one was hurt and we don't know the circumstances.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Gentlemen, there have been several posts crossing the line in this thread, please dial it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

thebaz wrote: »
    it seams to be based on Saturday - storm in a tea cup for me too, any form of aggression now is frowned upon by the PC brigade - take a look at other contact sports such as rugby or Gaileic football - football is, or used to be a competitive contact sport , occasionally tempers get lost , such is life . No one was hurt and we don't know the circumstances.

Yeah, I find the hand wringing by the morale high horse brigade anytime there's a bit of pushing or pulling baffling. In Rugby one lad gives another a dig and the ref will tell them to cop on and shake hands and that'll be the end of it. And that's the way it should be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement