Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timbuk2 messenger bags

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JoeBaz

Thanks OP.
    These bags are amazing.
    I've had one for almost 15 years and it's still going.
    Can be used to carry tonnes of stuff and they have a waterproof lining.
    Great for hand-luggage or weekends away.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They're super bags, definitely pick one up if you dont already own one. Hardy as f'ck on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Been years since i heard of these.
    I knew Rob when he started the online side of things , over in San Francisco.
    Had a load of these bags too , must hoke about and see if i can find them.
    Glad to hear they are still going strong

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yup, I've only had my small for a year or so, and it's been perfect. Just a bit too small for me on some occasions so I ordered a large.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

They actually have offers on all Timbuk2 bags :)
    www.sigmasport.co.uk/brand/timbuk2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

How much is shipping to IE? Is PM a better option with free UK delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

£15 delivery to Dublin. works out at £52!

cheerspal wrote: »
    £15 delivery to Dublin. works out at £52!

Use parcel motel to get very cheap delivery. That's what I did. I think parcel motel is 4 quid these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

soirish wrote: »
    How much is shipping to IE? Is PM a better option with free UK delivery?

I think you're charged Irish VAT instead of UK if you order direct to Ireland so it does add on a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

From the pictures it looks like the sides of the bag need to be pushed in under the flap at the top.
    Looks very dangerous if it's pissing raining and a side pops out.

Is it just the picture?

• Advertisement

samhail wrote: »
    From the pictures it looks like the sides of the bag need to be pushed in under the flap at the top.
    Looks very dangerous if it's pissing raining and a side pops out.

Is it just the picture?

As far as I know, those flaps are there to stop rain getting in. I have an older bag without them, and yet it is still waterproof in even the worst of showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I guess there's no "bricks and mortar" shop one could see these bags "in the flesh" to get an idea of relative sizes?
    I don't *really* need one yet somehow I'm still tempted. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I guess there's no "bricks and mortar" shop one could see these bags "in the flesh" to get an idea of relative sizes?
    I don't *really* need one yet somehow I'm still tempted. :o

I think 53 degrees north might have had some of the line in stock

I had the same trouble when I bought my first small bag. And they dont make it easy online to see the difference in sizing.

I ordered a Large, which is currently in transit to my parcel motel, so i'll stick up a picture of the two together when I get it.

From what I've read, large, is very large. The small size will fit a 13" laptop with a lot of room to spare for other things A rolled up jumper and a few books would fit in with the laptop. Messenger bags by their very nature can hold a lot as they can be adjusted.

I got my large classic messenger yesterday, and it's fantastic.

It's definitely large! I've gone from a small to a large, and I'm glad I did. It's far more comfortable on your back when it's not completely full to the brim with clothes etc. It's quite different from the 2013 model, if people want me to post a pic with the small and large side by side with something else as a reference for size I will!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

I got my large classic messenger yesterday, and it's fantastic.

It's definitely large! I've gone from a small to a large, and I'm glad I did. It's far more comfortable on your back when it's not completely full to the brim with clothes etc. It's quite different from the 2013 model, if people want me to post a pic with the small and large side by side with something else as a reference for size I will!

Yeah a comparison pic would be good.

I hope this is a reasonable representation. I used a 13.3" laptop/ultrabook for scale.

The bags are:

large timbuk2 classic messenger 2014
    small timbuk2 classic messenger 2013

338805.jpg

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mickredirl

Hi here is a code to get an extra 10% off Code is WHEEL10 .. just ordered my bag!!! Can't wait, very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

Got mine Saturday. Got the small and it's great. Fits my 13.3 laptop nicely and plenty of other stuff too. I can't get over how cheap this is compared to the retail price, they must be clearing stock for a 2015 version or something. It feels great on the shoulder too, the straps are really great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Do Billing Adress, and Shipping adress need to be the same?
    Won't let me use Parcel Motel, and also use my Credit Card

Scratch that! Paypal worked for me!
    Small bag on the way :)

• Advertisement

theintern wrote: »
    Got mine Saturday. Got the small and it's great. Fits my 13.3 laptop nicely and plenty of other stuff too. I can't get over how cheap this is compared to the retail price, they must be clearing stock for a 2015 version or something. It feels great on the shoulder too, the straps are really great.

Yep, they're clearing stock I'd say, I bought my small bag last year from them when it was on sale too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mickredirl wrote: »
    Hi here is a code to get an extra 10% off Code is WHEEL10 .. just ordered my bag!!! Can't wait, very handy.
    This code is only for wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Great price, paid €80 for mine (think it's a large but not positive) a few years ago. Never had a problem with rain getting in! Bought Mine in Snow & Rock in Dundrum, they may still do them if anyone wants to get an idea of size!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

how are these for cycling? much slippage, comfort, etc?

how are these for cycling? much slippage, comfort, etc?

I use mine daily as a cycle bag. They have a cross strap for stability when cycling. I found that I needed the cross strap more so with the smaller bag, but I am still using it with the large bag now. I don't have any movement with it attached.

For me they're good as you can cram a lot into them, even the small size. And I found them comfortable for 30 minute commutes on a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Cheers just ordered one to PM now -

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Just got one too! On the look out for a good bag for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Was planning on getting the medium after meeting up with a friend today to check sizes since he has one. Went to order and the medium was all gone. Settled for the small as it's for a 13.3" laptop anyway so not too put out. Ordered from them through Amazon store for ease of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Just checked, mine is in fact a medium. The back pouch is perfectly sized for a 15" MacBook Pro with a sleeve on it (thought obviously I wouldn't recommend cycling with one of those across the bend of your spine!). I cycled for months without knowing I had the cross strap but it really does change the ergonomics completely when you use it, it's so much comfier and more secure.

Thanks too for the tips about folding in th corners to keep the rain out, didn't know you could do that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

£29 now!

Advertisement