Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom F1000 modem and eVision

Options
  • 08-02-2015 9:57pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Having a lot of problems with this modem, and now affecting eVision since I got it about a month ago.  The modem has given me problems from time to time whereby the connection appears to drop - no internet available either via WiFi or directly connected, regardless of device.

Going into the router pages the modem appears to be connected, but the only traffic I can get through is Skype strangely enough.  No access to web pages at all, so I need to reboot.

Annoying as this is, it's become unbearable with eVision, as it renders the TV useless, and any planned recordings obviously don't happen.  This modem freezing is happening every few days now.

I'd like to know from Eircom if there is a fix for this, and how/when I can get it, otherwise I want to cancel the whole lot (broadband and eVision) as it's completely unfit for purpose if I can't rely on the modem to work (and hence TV recordings to be reliable).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Have you done a firmware update?
    I got mine done via web chat.

Saying that I'm with sky for another month and then revert to evision as I start paying for it then.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Have you done a firmware update?
    I got mine done via web chat.

Saying that  I'm with sky for another month and then revert to evision as I start paying for it then.
    Well I'm using the firmware they have listed here ([font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.00(AAHA.4)b2)[/font].  Is that the same version you are using?

I know Eircom are WAAAYYYYY behind on the firmware updates, according to what I've read about people unlocking the F1000 and using the latest Zyxel firmware, which seems to fix these sorts of problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

PauloMN wrote: »
    Having a lot of problems with this modem, and now affecting eVision since I got it about a month ago.  The modem has given me problems from time to time whereby the connection appears to drop - no internet available either via WiFi or directly connected, regardless of device.

Going into the router pages the modem appears to be connected, but the only traffic I can get through is Skype strangely enough.  No access to web pages at all, so I need to reboot.

Annoying as this is, it's become unbearable with eVision, as it renders the TV useless, and any planned recordings obviously don't happen.  This modem freezing is happening every few days now.

I'd like to know from Eircom if there is a fix for this, and how/when I can get it, otherwise I want to cancel the whole lot (broadband and eVision) as it's completely unfit for purpose if I can't rely on the modem to work (and hence TV recordings to be reliable).

Hi PauloMN

I am genuinely sorry to hear of these issues, naturally such issues should not occur and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

These issues will need to be escalated with our technical support department directly, you can reach them via Webchat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow or by contacting 1890260260.

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Thanks Alan.  I spoke to a very helpful guy today in support over the web chat, who did a firmware upgrade of the modem.

Note that you have an old version of the firmware here that's not the latest firmware.  I (like many others I guess) actually installed older firmware than what I had on the modem as I assumed the website would have the latest firmware.  It might be an idea to remove that one and put the latest Eircom firmware up there.

Will see over the coming days if it has fixed my issue.

Cheers,
    Paul.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Thanks Alan.  I spoke to a very helpful guy today in support over the web chat, who did a firmware upgrade of the modem.

Note that you have an old version of the firmware here that's not the latest firmware.  I (like many others I guess) actually installed older firmware than what I had on the modem as I assumed the website would have the latest firmware.  It might be an idea to remove that one and put the latest Eircom firmware up there.

Will see over the coming days if it has fixed my issue.

Cheers,
    Paul.
    Thanks for updating me PauloMN

Also thanks for highlighting the firmware advised on the website - I'll pass your advice on to online operations

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Sharp2012

Can someone post a link for the latest firmware please

Sharp2012 wrote: »
    Hi Sahrp

Please find the firmware directory here:

NETOPIA - http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/download/netopia/firmware/

ZYXEL = http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/download/zyxel/

Cheers

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Sharp2012

Hi Sahrp

NETOPIA -

ZYXEL =

Cheers

Al
    Thanks Al, support updated it from there end and the firmware in the link you posted is way out of date

Hi Sahrp

NETOPIA -

ZYXEL =

Cheers

Al
    Thanks Al, support updated it from there end and the firmware in the link you posted is way out of date
    Sorry Sharp2012

Glad support got it sorthed,

Cheers

Al

Advertisement