Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fed up

• 08-02-2015 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Is it normal to feel this way or am I just a failure? Since the mocks started and about two weeks leading upto them I have been lacking motivation completely.

I have been studying since the start of fifth year but feel like I know nothing and it's all just a waste of time. Everyone in my year seems so smart and like they know what they're doing. Yes I have my aims and what course I want to do in college but it isn't motivating me. I'm just so tired all the time and fed up :( is anyone else feeling this way?

Do any past leaving cert students remember these LC blues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Yeah. Have more mocks on next week and I've done nothing. I wouldn't say I'm that fed up yet but just gonna take most of the midterm off to recharge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ray971

Peg14 wrote: »
    Yeah. Have more mocks on next week and I've done nothing. I wouldn't say I'm that fed up yet but just gonna take most of the midterm off to recharge.

I have two exams next week, can't wait to be finished now! Same with me, think over mid term I will just focus on the orals and relax :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Everyone always seems to be doing more than you. If you have been studying consistently from fifth year you have the work done, even if you don't think so.

There is a reason for mid-term and its main purpose is for you to take a breather. You don't need to stop your revision altogether, nor should you spend the whole time revising. Choose some things to do over the break that you know you will enjoy. They don't have to be huge things. A film, a session in the swimming pool, a run - small things that increase your endorphins. Ideally, try to avoid alcohol as it will only make you feel worse. Make sure you have a small bit of exercise every day - again, even if it's only up and down the road for ten minutes, it gets oxygen into the blood and makes you feel better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

It's not for everyone, but I took the entire midterm off after the mocks and i thought it was worthwhile to take a breather before facing the last few months

Advertisement