Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get this Liverpool related Soccer thread reopened please?

Options
  • 08-02-2015 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

I posted this thread regarding the possibility of a new Liverpool supporting mod in the Soccer forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94203711#post94203711

The thread was closed by mods soon after I started it. Even though it was closed down, it now (some three hours later) has 7 thanks, which would indicate people feel it's a topic that should be open for discussion. Seems a bit strange that issues of the forum aren't open for discussion, certainly when I'm attempting to resolve those problems.

I honestly just want (along with the vast majority I'd imagine) the place to be a forum for discussion of football, instead of ridiculous tit-for-tat nonsense that seems to be imbedded into the minds of some posters on the forum. I've posted this here as I already tried to go through the Soccer forum and it's clear that raising of issues fall upon deaf ears.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If you'd read the Soccer forum charter and the site rules when you signed up, you'd know that back-seat moderation is not encouraged. That included starting threads about moderation within a forum itself.

Silly thread is silly. Mods aren't picked based on the club they support.

Not that it makes a difference, but Kess73 is a Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Soccer mods are not chosen on the basis of who they support, but rather on their suitability for the job. This will not be changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

An File wrote: »

Not that it makes a difference, but Kess73 is a Liverpool fan.

in fairness Kess hasn't been around for a good while now, missing for most this season anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

So issues arising in forums can't be discussed. Sad state of affairs tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

There's 3 Liverpool soccer mods. More than any other team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

There'll be an end of season feedback thread to bring up issues. Though, as mentioned, mods won't be appointed according to who they support.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

1 - The Soccer forum have an annual feedback thread at the end of every season, but you can PM the mods to discuss issues with them at any time.

2 - Please see my post above as to why your request will not be entertained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

Grand. I'll raise this issue again in 4 months..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Why? To the best of my knowledge there's 2 United supporting mods, 2 Arsenal, 1 Chelsea.
    Why do you want 4 Liverpool supporting moderators?

As I said above, you can raise the issue now with the mods via PM, you don't need to wait 4 months. However as I also said, the team someone supports is not, and never will be a factor when considering them as a new Soccer forum mod.

• Advertisement

As the OP has picked up a three month ban from Soccer, and as Feedback forum rules do not permit users to post about forums from which they're banned from for a month or more, I'm locking this thread now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement