Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 login

Options
  • 08-02-2015 11:30pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have tried to log in 6 times now, and every time, I get bounced back to logon.

Yet again, the wonderful Bank of ireland systems prove that they do NOT work

When will you get your IT act together? There are so many issues with this so called "system", it's no longer funny

Who do I write to to get some real action to sort out the shambles of supposed on line banking that is no longer fit for purpose

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Irish Steve,

Thanks for your post.

We are sorry to hear you experienced difficulty logging on to your account. We have checked with our Support Team and 365 Online was operating normally with successful log ins for users at the time you posted.

In this instance, we would suggest deleting browsing history and clearing the cache on your browser. This process will generally resolve it for you. If not, you can try logging on through an alternative browser. If you are still being brought back to the log in screen, you would need to call BOI365 to have this investigated further.

If it's a case that you are receiving an error message at log in, stating your log in details are incorrect and may be blocked, you would need to call BOI365 to have these details re-set. BOI365 can be contacted on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000.

If you wish to lodge a formal complaint regarding your dissatisfaction with our online channels, please see here for our Complaints Process.

Thanks
    Tara 

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Well, given that I've been involved with banking and computers for over 40 years, I have more than a passing knowledge of what's being done and why, so as part of my analysis of the issues that were causing problems, I did clear the cache, and history, and restart the browser (Firefox) at the time, and eventually, a number of tries later it did eventually log in correctly, but not without a number of forced log outs and similar problems, like messages about incomplete sessions, and the like.

I am getting very close to the point where I will set up something like Wireshark on one of my other computers to capture a complete log of the sessions so that I can get some clear details of exactly what is failing with the systems, and maybe even why, but at the end of the day, I have much better things to do with my time than sort out issues that should be being addressed by the IT department of Bank of Ireland

It may well be that "the system" was working around that time, but for me, on this connection, using this computer, for a period of at least 25 minutes, it was NOT working, and having been involved at a deep level with both on line banking systems and computers, I know that the problem was not with this computer but was an issue with either a remote server or the link through the net to the BOI systems, and as no other site that I was accessing was being significantly affected at that time, I can only draw my own conclusions as to where the problems were, and I would not expect the IT department to be willing to admit to the problems that are regularly visible if you know where to look.

While I have no complaint at all about the service of the BOI Boards representatives, who have always provided an excellent service, I can only express in the strongest possible manner my contempt for the IT service managers and decision makers at BOI, in that there have been so many unresolved problems, issues and shortcomings with BOI personal and business on line systems in the last at least 7 years, and the recent "upgrades" to incorporate SEPA was and still is a massive problem that has only resulted in significant downgrades in the quality and availability of services for the end user.

I'm clearly wasting my time trying to get BOI IT department to recognise their shortcoming, and change them, so I don't have many options left to me, as there's precious little real choice in the banking market any more. 

I report issues because they are exactly that, issues, often significant, but it's become clear that while the reps here do indeed pass them on to the departments concerned, that's where the flow ends, and it's a one way street, there's no engagement or involvement from IT with users (who at the end of the day are the customers that are paying the bills for BOI), and that lack of engagement at the core of the business is becoming increasingly apparent and frustrating. 

Things would be so much easier if BOI's IT section were more responsive to users, and were prepared to engage with those users and provide feedback on the result of their investigations. They have chosen not to engage with users in any meaningful way, and the long term results of that policy will unfortunately end up being the loss of increasing numbers of unhappy customers who are frustrated with their supplier's inability to provide a timely and acceptable level of response. The clearest example of this has to be the manner in which the business banking system has been managed, it was poor 7 years ago, and with the recent modifications to incorporate SEPA, it became even more restricted and limited. Users have been asking for changes and enhancements for many years, and the pace of change has been slower than snail like.

So be it, at least some of us tried to engage with "the system", but if "the system" won't engage with us, then there comes a point where the only option is to change the supplier.

Best regards

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Irish Steve,

We're sorry to hear you are unhappy with our online service and feel your feedback has not been taken on board. We would like to assure you that all feedback received through any of our customer channels is forwarded to the appropriate areas. This is retained and referred to when considering future changes and enhancements. We continuously review our online channels and some upcoming changes such as Business Online and past changes were as a result of customer feedback. 

If you do encounter difficulty or you find something is not working as it should, we would recommend getting in touch at that time, if possible, as a representative can arrange for screenshots etc to be provided. This can then be raised as an official investigation with our Support Team and will be recorded on the system. They can use the screenshots and tie this in with account information to investigate in full. If this should happen to occur when the Reps are online here, please send let us know and we can arrange a callback.

We very much appreciate the time you've taken to provide us with your feedback. We're here on Boards.ie for this reason and to help as best we can. Your kind comments about the Reps here is very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement