Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pimp my bike!

• 08-02-2015 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Lads, looking to upgrade my summer bike for the start of the season.

Here is the current spec:
    Bianchi B4P Sempre Pro Ultegra 11Sp Bike Carbon UD Black 2014 Specification:

Frame : SEMPRE, carbon monocoque, bb set PF30, UTSS, compatible mechanical and electronic
    Seatpost Clamp : "X Carbon System" 36mm, Black, with Bianchi logo
    Headset : Fsa Orbit C-40-ACB ; NO.42/ACB, Sealed 1-1/8 ACB Top, 1.5" ACB Btm (for 46/56mm Head Tubes)
    Fork : Full Carbon B4P 28"- 300mm - 1.5" - ss56mm
    Top Cap : FSA Alloy top cap, 1 1/8" (28.6mm OD x 21-26.2mm ID)
    Shifters : Shimano Ultegra 11 sp ST-6800, ULTEGRA 2sp LEFT, ST-6800, ULTEGRA 11sp RIGHT
    Rear Derailleur : Shimano Ultegra 11 sp RD-6800, 11sp , Compatible with low gear 23-28T for double
    Front Derailleur : Shimano Veloce Ultegra 11 sp FD-6800 ULTEGRA Double & Rear 11so Brazed-on Type
    Crankset : Fsa Gossamer Compact, BB30 System, Forged 6066 arm, ring 3mm Stamped AL7075 , 170-172,5-175mm x 110mmBCD x 50/34t 10sp Compatible N10
    Bottom Bracket : included in the crankset the BB-PF-6000/CZ/Di2
    Chain : Shimano Ultegra 11 sp, 110 links
    Cassette : Shimano Ultegra 11sp 11-28T, 11sp
    Brake : FSA Gossamer AL6061, reach 40-50mm
    Front Hub : Racing 28H Black Anodized with Alloy QR
    Rear Hub : ALLOY 28H black anodized, two sealed bearing,steel body; with QR
    Spoke : Inox 2mm - BLACK
    Wheelset: Kysrium Elite S
    Tyre : Hutchinson Equinox 2 700 x 23, 66TPI, Dual compound
    Inner Tube : Kenda 700C Light-weight , 48MM
    Stem : Reparto Corse body Alloy 6061, raise -7, UD Carbon wrapped faceplate, height 40mm, 1 1/8"
    Handlebar : Reparto Corse Compact, Flat Top, alloy 6061 diam. 31,8mm, reach 126mm, drop 77 mm, black
    Tape : La Spirale Ribbon cork + new plug carbon look with Bianchi logo
    Seatpost : Reparto Corse Carbon shaft, 2D forged alloy head, 25mm offset, L350 , 31,6mm,
    Saddle : San Marco Era Dynamic, carbon steel rail, length/wide 277x13

Looking at maybe changing the saddle and the handlebars first.
    What stands out to you more experienced lads that could do with upgrading?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

looks or performance?

and what are you finding wrong with the saddle/handlebar that you want to change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

mossym wrote: »
    looks or performance?

and what are you finding wrong with the saddle/handlebar that you want to change?

The saddle being 13mm wide for a start.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭smcclaw

I think the 6800 brakes are a big step up from the FSA ones so I'd be inclined to change those... otherwise looks like a very good spec without getting into really expensive stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Tubes and tyres maybe. Latex tubes and a pair of Conti GP4000s. Lighter, rolls great and puncture protection is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Forgot to change tyres, I use conti 4000s on all my bikes.

I would like to make the bike even lighter and upgrade the general bits and pieces. I'm using the bits I take off for when I try to build a bike. Would like to whole groupset to be 6800. If i had the money I would love to change the whole groupset to compag!

Maybe a fizik saddle 3T handlebars or even cinelli.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

How much can you spend?

Deep section carbon wheel money?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

500 or so on bits and pieces. Not in any major rush so I am going to wait and find deals as I go. I'm not going for deep rims just yet. I have La Marmotte in July and carbon wheels are a no no for that apparently so I will hold off on the deep rims for another while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭Seweryn

WillyFXP wrote: »
    The saddle being 13mm wide for a start.....

Ouch!

:eek:

Advertisement