Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibat college reputation ADVICE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Inyoung86

am doing a BA degree course and currently on 3rd year.
    started it in 2012.

I do not know what aspect you are mostly looking at, so I will tell you about what I feel about this college.

I have to say the lecturers are really good,
    the facilities such as library, computers, and class rooms are decent.

However, when it comes to student service, it could be a nightmare.

Apart from when you have to pay fees, the process of whatever you are looking at can be very slow, and sometimes, no one really takes responsibility when there is some issue.

And because they focus too much on English language courses, there are way too many non academic students who sometimes make the study environment a bit distracting, and the reception is often too busy, and few receptionists are friendly, but most of them are way rude.

Majority students on BA degree course are mature international students including myself.

First year can be a bit distracting, because of the low entry requirement for mature international students, almost anybody can get in, and there were some people who did not even speak or understand English, this problem is sorted as it goes along, though, because they fail their exams so they cannot progress anymore, or they choose to drop out cause they cannot follow.

My advice is, if you are only looking for getting your degree from good lecturers in a modern building, it is not a bad choice, however, if you want a good care and prompt service, I personally do not recommend this place as I am fed up with all that.

This college is simply a commercial business going towards making profits. That is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jaser2021

Thanks for your comments mate!! I really appreciate that you spent time on giving me a feedback .. So I already have everything done to start in September .. So hopefully everything goes well by that time.
    I am basically looking for a course that let me get a job after I finish the course, so do you know any story about graduates from there ?? I mean job opportunities, maybe the image employers have of the college, etc etc... I know getting a job depends more on yourself rather than the college you graduate from .. but just general knowledge
    Cheers

jaser2021 wrote: »
    Thanks for your comments mate!! I really appreciate that you spent time on giving me a feedback .. So I already have everything done to start in September .. So hopefully everything goes well by that time.
    I am basically looking for a course that let me get a job after I finish the course, so do you know any story about graduates from there ?? I mean job opportunities, maybe the image employers have of the college, etc etc... I know getting a job depends more on yourself rather than the college you graduate from .. but just general knowledge
    Cheers

As you said, everything depends on yourself, the name of college itself does not give any good or bad impression to employers, but if you work hard keep your grade high, there are opportunities.
    Few people got jobs in banks and some people progress their career as an accountant by preparing Acca or Aca exams and i know 2 students on my course currently working as trainee accountants at firms for the moment.
    Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fernan1628

hello friends, i'd like to know how much is the BA degree in IBAT. because im looking for a BA degree. i check out in the web page and they have different prices, it depends if im european or not. (im not from europe). thanks.

fernan1628 wrote: »
    hello friends, i'd like to know how much is the BA degree in IBAT. because im looking for a BA degree. i check out in the web page and they have different prices, it depends if im european or not. (im not from europe). thanks.
    I think you better contact them directly regarding price, as the official price is 4700€ i think, but if you take early registration, they may get you some discount!

• Advertisement
Advertisement