Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning down jackets

Options
  • 09-02-2015 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good company (preferably Dublin area) to clean down products? I have done it myself but time is against me at moment

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Can anyone recommend a good company (preferably Dublin area) to clean down products? I have done it myself but time is against me at moment

Cheers.

As an aside, I have a heavy hyvent down jacket, badly in need of a clean, is it just a case of getting the correct cleaning product and into the washer?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

Pretty much - one warm water cycle to get all the loose crap out, one warm water cycle with down cleaner then a final warm water cycle with nothing added to clear all the residues of cleaning product etc. Finally gently squeeze as much excess water out of the garment. Do not spin.

Then into the drier with something to agitate the lofting (three clean tennis balls are often used as an example) on a low heat. The garment has to be removed intermittently to tease any clumps out of the down and then back in the drier. Finally lay flat and allow to fully air in a warm room

This is why I do not have time to do it myself....;)

(I have also learnt that vomitous babies + down jackets are best kept separated)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Pretty much - one warm water cycle to get all the loose crap out, one warm water cycle with down cleaner then a final warm water cycle with nothing added to clear all the residues of cleaning product etc. Finally gently squeeze as much excess water out of the garment. Do not spin.

Then into the drier with something to agitate the lofting (three clean tennis balls are often used as an example) on a low heat. The garment has to be removed intermittently to tease any clumps out of the down and then back in the drier. Finally lay flat and allow to fully air in a warm room

This is why I do not have time to do it myself....;)

(I have also learnt that vomitous babies + down jackets are best kept separated)

On that evidence, if you find someone I can pay to do that for me, let me know ;)

Advertisement