Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Council taking control of the docklands

Options
  • 09-02-2015 6:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,722 ✭✭✭✭

When the government rushed to abandon the DDDA in a premature sop to public opinion they decided DDC would take responsibility for the area.

The DDDA looked after the area quite well with upkeep etc. I suspect though that DCC's standard will now be applied to the docklands and the place will quickly go in to decline.

Anyone else think the same because initial visual evidence suggests it has already started with lighting no longer working, more rubbish etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Grand Canal Harbour Management Company look after the upkeep of the aware. This body has not been wound down. They should be doing the same job as they always have.

The DDDA are giving their equity stake in Grand Canal Harbour Management Company to local management companies. This has not happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

i know all the property owned by the ddda was been transfered into DCC. The ddda controlled more then grand canal dock so DCC will have control over the 2 sides of the river

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

neris wrote: »
    i know all the property owned by the ddda was been transfered into DCC.

Some sold privately, some sold to NAMA, some sold to residents, some will transfer to all management companies and some will transfer to single management companies. Very little property will transfer to the DCC.
    neris wrote: »
    The ddda controlled more then grand canal dock so DCC will have control over the 2 sides of the river

Grand Canal Harbour Management company and the DCC will be responsible for up keep.

Advertisement