Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool v Spurs 10/02/2015

Options
  • 09-02-2015 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Well the team will be on a high after the weekend , will we come crashing down to earth at anfield ?

Very tough game. They are playing well, anfield is a very hard place to go to for any team and sturridge is almost back.

I would be delighted with a draw here and to be honest i expect us to get beaten but with the way we are playing at the moment then we could get something here

Same team that we started on Saturday with

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd rip your arm off at the shoulder for a draw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If we go at them like we did against Arsenal, we'll win this. They are very shaky defensively, and there's no reason why we shouldn't be looking for the 3 points.

2-1 to Spurs again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

I think we only have one way to play this...press high and fast like Arsenal and Chelsea games.

Any other style looks uncomfortable to us and when we play slow with men behind the ball we always look shaky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I fear our excitement could get the best of us, we tend to be brought down to earth with a thud.

Saying that though, it's hard not to get excited after beating Chelsea and Arsenal in recent weeks.

Tuesday is vital. With the Europa starting next week we need to get as many point on the board as possible. Also, with us not playing the weekend of the cup final, the table could look very different come the second week in March.

We owe Liverpool a smashing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ye certainly owe us a beating anyway. What is it 12 goals without reply in the last 3 games? :p

• Advertisement

Ya well me da would beat up your da :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Again, im not very hopeful at the moment...but come tomorrow evening, i'll be supremely confident...bit of an oddball me...

Lloris

Walker, Dier ,Vertonghen, Rose,

Mason, Stambouli

Chadli , Dembele, Eriksen

Kane.

i'll have a punt on 2-2...would love a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

rob316 wrote: »
    Ye certainly owe us a beating anyway. What is it 12 goals without reply in the last 3 games? :p

typical scouser - living on past glories ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

At least we've had Glory's!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I suggest you do some research son

lets see what happens tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Again, im not very hopeful at the moment...but come tomorrow evening, i'll be supremely confident...bit of an oddball me...

Lloris

Walker, Dier ,Vertonghen, Rose,

Mason, Stambouli

Chadli , Dembele, Eriksen

Kane.

i'll have a punt on 2-2...would love a win.

Like the look of that team but after his feck ups lately rose needs dropping for Davies!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Sure we destroyed Leicester City in the 1999 Worthington cup Final.

So much glory!

Hoping I game tomorrow is a cracker and we owe you a hiding but id take a draw now lol

Careful or They'll bring up net spend next

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can't see Chadli been brought in yet ( much yo the detriment of my FF team)

Bentaleb was brought back in ahead him at the weekend so I expect him to start ahead of Stambolui.

Lamela put in a shift but should be rested. as should Rose... sturridge, sterling and Coutinho will destroy us down the right (our left)

Is this on the box ... I know it'll be streamed somewhere but is it on sky/BT (setanta)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Setanta and BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Liverpool are waiting on the fitness of Raheem Sterling, Philippe Coutinho and Adam Lallana ahead of their pivotal clash with Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield on Tuesday night.

mickman wrote: »
    Liverpool are waiting on the fitness of Raheem Sterling, Philippe Coutinho and Adam Lallana ahead of their pivotal clash with Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield on Tuesday night.

Lucas is out for a month too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Tough one, I'd take a point

Lallana is more than adequate cover coming in for sterling or Coutinho but if they where missing 2 of them 3 that would be great news for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

agree about rose... mason was onfire against arsenal and chadli over lamela too... lamela did nothing in derby

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

Unfair stick on Lamela guys. He put a serious shift into closing down players. Whilst he is still struggling to find a pass and have some influence, his work rate fits the balance of the team, which is why he is being picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭h2005

Lucas is a massive loss for Liverpool. I'd be happy with a draw but it we could nick a win it'd be a massive step towards a champions league place.

chadli is a better allround player than lamela...got us some important goals this season too... Think he would be better against pool... lamela is defo one for the future though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

2-1 to Spurs, of course. I think it Eriksen's turn to score the winner this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Is this game make or break for our season? Unfortunately I think so...

We've only beaten these once in last 20 meetings at Anfield, if I'm right. I dont expect a win from this one. We simply cannot lose though. Minimum draw is essential.

I think when we play liverpool it can either be a 3-0 win or a 3-0 loss... Always plenty of goals and a good open game... Our defence seems to be tightening up lately too so I'll be goin for a 1-1 draw...

irishmover wrote: »
    Is this game make or break for our season? Unfortunately I think so...

We've only beaten these once in last 20 meetings at Anfield, if I'm right. I dont expect a win from this one. We simply cannot lose though. Minimum draw is essential.

Plus, looking at the fixtures. Arsenal and United have very winnable fixtures tonight.

If they both win, we lose to Liverpool and then we stumble at home to West Ham (get a draw) after our Europa match. By the time we play our following PL fixture we could be 9 points off United and 7 points off Arsenal (albeit with a game in hand). Though it's those kind of gaps you don't want to see open up at this critical time of the season - it'll be terrible for team confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Plus, looking at the fixtures. Arsenal and United have very winnable fixtures tonight.

If they both win, we lose to Liverpool and then we stumble at home to West Ham (get a draw) after our Europa match. By the time we play our following PL fixture we could be 9 points off United and 7 points off Arsenal (albeit with a game in hand). Though it's those kind of gaps you don't want to see open up at this critical time of the season - it'll be terrible for team confidence.

I did not realise this. This game is probably the most significant one we've played to date this season. Largely due to the Arsenal win.

I hate it when Spurs gets our hopes up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Do Southampton not factor into this?

Advertisement