Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool v Spurs 10/02/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

irishmover wrote: »
    I did not realise this. This game is probably the most significant one we've played to date this season. Largely due to the Arsenal win.

I hate it when Spurs gets our hopes up...

Exactly. Pool probably hit form, hammer us 3-0 and it's doom and gloom again

The joys of being a spurs fan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Do Southampton not factor into this?

They do. Though they have tough fixtures coming up and I'm of the opinion that they will drop points in the coming weeks.

While Man United and Arsenal have improved since the start of the season and are coming good at the right time, as they have done for many a year. United's next three are very winnable fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

Just heard sterling is out for tonights Game

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Didnt expect us to beat Chelsea or Arsenal......

And low and behold.... im very optimistic of at least a draw tonight !!!

Typical Spurs Brain!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Sterling out is huge if true...he is their spark at the moment

• Advertisement

Yea it's true just confirmed on sky sports news.... He will be a big loss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

irishmover wrote: »
    Is this game make or break for our season? Unfortunately I think so...

We've only beaten these once in last 20 meetings at Anfield, if I'm right. I dont expect a win from this one. We simply cannot lose though. Minimum draw is essential.

I don't understand this make or break stuff. If we lose this and win our next 3 we'd be flying.

3 points from games against Arsenal and Pool is acceptable. 4 is good.

slegs wrote: »
    Sterling out is huge if true...he is their spark at the moment

Sturridge is a good replacement.

Ormus wrote: »
    Sturridge is a good replacement.

Do you think he will be fit enough, not long back from injury

kookiebrew wrote: »
    Do you think he will be fit enough, not long back from injury

Not sure, but I'd say he'll get the nod.

He's looked sharp in the bits he's played since returning.

Probably him up front with Lallana and Coutinho in support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Not sure, but I'd say he'll get the nod.

He's looked sharp in the bits he's played since returning.

Probably him up front with Lallana and Coutinho in support.

would love if coutinho was out also, without him and sterling the pool would be pretty boring in attack

We can't really be hoping other teams are missing their best players, would be great but we need to be going out playing our own game no matter who is on the other team.... And after all it is Spurs end up losing to weaker sides and break our hearts lol

I don't understand this make or break stuff. If we lose this and win our next 3 we'd be flying.

It's a match against one of our 'top 4' rivals and just before we start back in to the Europa League (which impacts our PL points return).

Win tonight and we COULD go 3rd, though we will most likely stay 5th and keep pace with the top four.

Though lose tonight and we will most likely go 6th and have 7th place breathing down our throats as our fixture lists starts congesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

A draw is a great result tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

i can see us nicking a win tonight, i have a feeling in my waters that we are hitting a bit of form at the right time

It's a match against one of our 'top 4' rivals and just before we start back in to the Europa League (which impacts our PL points return).

Win tonight and we COULD go 3rd, though we will most likely stay 5th and keep pace with the top four.

Though lose tonight and we will most likely go 6th and have 7th place breathing down our throats as our fixture lists starts congesting.

Yeah, so it's an important match. Lose, and our chances of top 4 will be less.

"Make or break" means if we win, we're in and if we lose we have no chance.

It just seems a bit overused, like when Sky are talking about "must win" games in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

we're better than them
    we're higher in the league than them
    we've got no injuries
    we're in great form
    we will win this
    COYS

Those defeats to stoke palace and hull could be crucial to our season now...all games we should have won easily....at least we seem to be on the right track now, Thursday night Europa league hangovers are killing us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Tonight is Liverpool's third game in six days. It is very difficult to play a high tempo pressing game when your midfielders are hitting 30-33 Kms hard running in six days. With confidence high in the Spurs camp and even the benefit of the early versus late start on Saturday this is as good a chance as Spurs will ever have to beat Liverpool.

A win would be absolutely massive. With only 13 games left after tonight Spurs would be 7 pts ahead of Liverpool and, although people have mentioned that Utd have winnable fixtures coming up, they have an horrendous run from the middle of March to the end of the season. Arsenal will definitely get third based on remaining fixtures (I know anything can happen but law of averages...) That leaves Spurs, Utd and Southampton battling for the last Champions league spot. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but last Saturday was the best performance I have seen since Bale left.

COYS!!!!

kookiebrew wrote: »
    Those defeats to stoke palace and hull could be crucial to our season now...all games we should have won easily....at least we seem to be on the right track now, Thursday night Europa league hangovers are killing us

Last season we won most of the games we should win and we got hammered by the better teams.

This season it's been more of a mix. Unfortunately it's very hard to go a season without either.

The pattern definitely suggests Europa League hangovers, but we've rotated massively for Europa League this season, so that excuse doesn't really hold up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Last season we won most of the games we should win and we got hammered by the better teams.

This season it's been more of a mix. Unfortunately it's very hard to go a season without either.

The pattern definitely suggests Europa League hangovers, but we've rotated massively for Europa League this season, so that excuse doesn't really hold up.

Exactly. We have made 7,8,9 changes for Europa games lads

I think the EL hangover is due to lack of preparation rather than player fatigue.

One day just isn't enough time to prepare for a PL game, regardless of the players who are selected.

There's a very good reason why FA Cup replays and League Cup matches are played on Tuesday and Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

rodgers_zpsm5ez5vwp.png

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

looking forward to tonights game. Lets see how good Spurs really are..

Glebee wrote: »
    looking forward to tonights game. Lets see how good Spurs really are..

Well we beat the top of the table team scoring 5 goals in the process...

I think the EL hangover is due to lack of preparation rather than player fatigue.

One day just isn't enough time to prepare for a PL game, regardless of the players who are selected.

There's a very good reason why FA Cup replays and League Cup matches are played on Tuesday and Wednesday.

We never played a Saturday game after a Thursday Europa game.

Maybe you're factoring in travel time, but the 8 or whatever players rested had lotsa time to prepare.

I think we just gave some bad performances. It happens us most seasons whether or not we have European commitments.

We never played a Saturday game after a Thursday Europa game.

Maybe you're factoring in travel time, but the 8 or whatever players rested had lotsa time to prepare.

Yep I'm factoring in travel time. The players who are rested aren't preparing because the manager is in the arse end of Europe. I'm talking tactical preparation, it's vital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Match discussion and build up and stream

Liverpool V Spurs

Liverpool Team

: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Ibe, Henderson, Gerrard, Moreno, Markovic, Coutinho, Sturridge

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Have a feeling we can win this game...........coys!!

Advertisement