Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool v Spurs 10/02/2015

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Back to earth with a bang, that balotelli clown always does us

I am fed up saying rose is muck, he can't defend to save his life

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Michael Owen did my head in. That tackle by Dier was brilliant, but all Owen did was look for negatives. He never mentioned how good the tackle was!

Im actually considering cancelling BT Sport if they don't get rid of him. He is without doubt the worst commentator out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Dave11 wrote: »
    Im actually considering cancelling BT Sport if they don't get rid of him. He is without doubt the worst commentator out there!

He did some amount of LFC arse licking, doesn't he remember he deserted them and then went to UTD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Still can't understand why Pooch took off Eriksen, scores late goals from free kicks.

I know he wasn't having his best game, but he's wasted out on the right, always drifted infield and gave space for their right back to terrorise Rose.

Lloris will be disappointed with his performance and Lamela had a great shot saved by their keeper.

Little things like that can change the course of a game in the blink of an eye :rolleyes:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Even worse decision to take Dembele off, MOTM for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

just watching BT… ROBBIE SAVAGE IS A WNKER.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Well done :)

Creators of our own downfall and gave the ball away cheaply in midfield.

Terrible at the back.

Liverpool took their chances and we didn’t create enough.

Yep, same could be said for both teams, game could have went either way.

Anyway as long as one of us (preferably us) pip Arsenal to their fourth place trophy I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

just watching BT… ROBBIE SAVAGE IS A WNKER.

NAH....Sheep are more his style of Woll

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Dembele has come into form.but it seems to be having a negative impact on Eriksen.

Bentaleb was a monster against Arsenal but Gerrard and Henderson where a different proposition.

All is not lost. We are ahead of Liverpool but realistically we are still behind United and Southampton for that 4th place as Arsenal are already on their usual end of season streak and will finish 3rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

lads , lets face the facts

Liverpool are on form ,when they are on form Anfield is one of the toughest places in Europe to go to and thats not an exageration

Even with this we ran them very close and really deserved at least a point. If this game was a few months ago we would have been beaten 3 or 4

The work rate was unreal again last night and the lads looked tired especially kane / mason and eriksen. The week off ahead will do them good. Lamella IS coming good, he tracked back last night and won loads of tackles and it was a lovely assist from him for kanes goal - yes he did make a few bad passes but he is getting much better

dembele was excellent again i thought - i love seeing him one on one with a player challenging for the ball, he gives them a belt of a shoulder and sends them flying

And lastly, every time the pool got a shot on target it was great to see lloris and all the defenders going mad at the offending player and give him stick - there is a real winning mentality in this team

Lets hope we batter fiorentina at home so we can take it handy over there the following week

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bentaleb had a poor game. Gave away quite a few easy passes, and overall wasn't good enough. Maybe Stambouli would have been the better option. Lamella had a good game. Worked really hard, and chased down players more than anyone else. Didn't create much though, which is what he's supposed to be doing. Rose...well, i don't really need to say much there. He had an awful game, and Davies should start next week.

Overall, there were some positives, but we are still far to weak defensively. I can't see us getting top 4 now, but we'll still finish ahead of Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lamela, there was an improvement last night, it was a high octane game. Held his own, in parts.

Needs to play on a regular basis for that to become a steady climb. Then your excluding Chadli, who's been impressive whilst scoring important goals.

Opposition players just bounce off Dembele. Henderson "the moral compass" hadn't a clue.

Rose is mentally challenged.

That young lad Ibe was fantastic, we had to double team him in the second half.

Pool could bring on the services of Lallana, quick & creative. Where's we had Paulinho, slow and slower again.

We didn't look like scoring in the last 20 minutes, it had draw written all over it.

I pray in the summer there's somewhat of a clear out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I wouldn't be as negative as most of the previous posters. I thought the overall effort and commitment didn't waver and we were undone by the usual comedy of errors that has afflicted us since 2012 against Liverpool. If you did a compendium of the worse gaffes in football over the last two years it would feature at least ten season-defining fukkups featuring Spurs versus Liverpool. If the same effort is made against the weaker teams in the next 13 matches there is every chance of being in the shakeup at the end of the season.

As for Michael Owen I am not surprised he packed in his soccer career at 18 to concentrate on his real passion, horses. He hasn't got a clue what is going on out on the pitch. The winning goal was caused by two players ignoring Lallana and going to Ibe with Dembele (who was otherwise brilliant) refusing to track back, but all Owen had to say was: "I just knew Ballotelli would score". The sort of comment you get from a drunk in the pub. As for Emre Can as motm, I can only presume an investigation into betting patterns will follow.

Danny Rose's tackle was with the wrong leg, woefully timed and, worst of all, not even necessary. Enough said, I am am heartsick this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I wouldn't be as negative as most of the previous posters. I thought the overall effort and commitment didn't waver and we were undone by the usual comedy of errors that has afflicted us since 2012 against Liverpool. If you did a compendium of the worse gaffes in football over the last two years it would feature at least ten season-defining fukkups featuring Spurs versus Liverpool. If the same effort is made against the weaker teams in the next 13 matches there is every chance of being in the shakeup at the end of the season.

As for Michael Owen I am not surprised he packed in his soccer career at 18 to concentrate on his real passion, horses. He hasn't got a clue what is going on out on the pitch. The winning goal was caused by two players ignoring Lallana and going to Ibe with Dembele (who was otherwise brilliant) refusing to track back, but all Owen had to say was: "I just knew Ballotelli would score". The sort of comment you get from a drunk in the pub. As for Emre Can as motm, I can only presume an investigation into betting patterns will follow.

Danny Rose's tackle was with the wrong leg, woefully timed and, worst of all, not even necessary. Enough said, I am am heartsick this morning.

Don't mean to be pedantic but Chadli didn't track lallana.

Thought we done Ok. Bit slack with the ball but we had Liverpool penned back to 10 behind the ball at times. We need a clearout.

Obviously, the high pressing game we play will take its toll so we need players who come in and the team isn't effected. Paulinho is never going to do the work Mason does. Chadli can't do the things Eriksen does.

I'd have left Eriksen on, pops up with late winners. Would've put townsend on for lamela.

Just sickened because definitely thought we deserved a point at least. Now we know how all those teams we've scored late goals against feel!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭slingerz

thought spurs were very impressive last night to be fair. dont think you can have an attacking midfield of Eriksen, Dembele, and Lamela as they are too similar really. Danny Rose is a weak point alright as Ibe had him in the horrors from early on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

great game - Liverpool just about deserved it

we're still in a good place with a lot to play for

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

Goes to show how far we've come in the last few months when we're all sick after losing 3-2 to liverpool at anfield when we should have got a point out of the game. Danny rose seems to be more a liability lately. Surely there is someone in the club who can tell him not to be diving into tackles. In and around the box.was happy when we signed davies in the summer a solid full back not too bad goin forward but he only gets Europa games and bit parts. Still think Chadli would have been a better option to lamela though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Don't mean to be pedantic but Chadli didn't track lallana.

Thought we done Ok. Bit slack with the ball but we had Liverpool penned back to 10 behind the ball at times. We need a clearout.

Obviously, the high pressing game we play will take its toll so we need players who come in and the team isn't effected. Paulinho is never going to do the work Mason does. Chadli can't do the things Eriksen does.

I'd have left Eriksen on, pops up with late winners. Would've put townsend on for lamela.

Just sickened because definitely thought we deserved a point at least. Now we know how all those teams we've scored late goals against feel!!!!!!

Apologies to Dembele so! It was hard to make out in normal play and I couldn't bear to watch the after match analysis.There was no fear Michael Owen was going to fill us in during the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I thought we played poorly overall..
    Rose, Mason and Bentaleb in particular were poor.
    What was Lamela thinking when he was heading towrds the box and a runner ran past his left side on into the box , all he had to do was put the ball into his stride and we would have scored, forget who the player was...but he chose Dembele who was behind him on the right!!!
    In fairness to Lamela, he did work his tits off, but my jaysus, he cant seem to go past a player, get robbed in possession a lot too.
    We controlled the game without punishing them at times.....Felt a bit wierd watching it...It was as if all we had to do was take better care of our passing and we'd be comfortable, We put Sturridge through on goal twice!!!
    Hugo was bad for the 1st goal(did it bobble that much ?) but unlucky for the peno.
    Did anyone see Balotelli tugging Diers jersey for the goal??
    It was a lot worse than Diers pull on Joe Allen at anfield earlier in the season when they got a PENALTY for it!!!

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

I thought we played poorly overall..
    Rose, Mason and Bentaleb in particular were poor.
    What was Lamela thinking when he was heading towrds the box and a runner ran past his left side on into the box , all he had to do was put the ball into his stride and we would have scored, forget who the player was...but he chose Dembele who was behind him on the right!!!
    In fairness to Lamela, he did work his tits off, but my jaysus, he cant seem to go past a player, get robbed in possession a lot too.
    We controlled the game without punishing them at times.....Felt a bit wierd watching it...It was as if all we had to do was take better care of our passing and we'd be comfortable, We put Sturridge through on goal twice!!!
    Hugo was bad for the 1st goal(did it bobble that much ?) but unlucky for the peno.
    Did anyone see Balotelli tugging Diers jersey for the goal??
    It was a lot worse than Diers pull on Joe Allen at anfield earlier in the season when they got a PENALTY for it!!!

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

i remember that pass from lamella, it was a shocking bad decision. i think it was eriksen that was at his left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

mickman wrote: »
    i remember that pass from lamella, it was a shocking bad decision. i think it was eriksen that was at his left

It was Mason. I'm not splitting hairs, it's just that decision from Lamela has been running around in my head for hours. How could he not just play the ball through?! I even rewound the live play last night to watch it again.

I can only assume that he thought Mason would be offside... :(

It was Mason. I'm not splitting hairs, it's just that decision from Lamela has been running around in my head for hours. How could he not just play the ball through?! I even rewound the live play last night to watch it again.

I can only assume that he thought Mason would be offside... :(

yeah maybe that was it. could have been a good decision so. the clown owen was going on about it too

p.s. michael owen is a terrible pundit, so biased its unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

I thought Mason started well. The problem was down our left. Eriksen looked tired against Arsenal, and shattered on Tuesday. He nad Kane have played every game, and it showed. Poch never takes them off. Even when we went 3 up at West Brom, they stayed out there.
    Thank feck we're out of the FA cup. those boys all need a rest.
    Rose got ate by Ibe. We might have been better to play a third midfielder with a tackle in him, say Stambouli, or start Chadli, and keep Eriksen back on the bench until the game opened up. If we needed him then, unleash him for the last 20.
    I forgive Rose for not being ble to handle Ibe, but that tackle in the box was so stupid. He does that too often- City last season and this spring to mind. There was little danger. Ifear he's not good neough to mar a decent winger 1 on 1. And Ibe is bloody decent.
    Lallana made the difference. His runs were excellent. Dembele needs to see how to drive through- not check and faff around. He's in danger of becoming the new Scotty "360" Parker.
    Still pretty happy with the rate of improvement. Poch is trusting young players. Dier is improving fast, Lamela has afantastic attitude, and the football will come. Spurs fans need to get right behind him -no groans when he makes a balls of a pass- he is recovering, I think, from a complete meltdown last season.
    Mason would get a game in any team in the league. His elevation is the most amazing part of the season. I remember when Micky Hazard and mark falco broke through in 82. They should have been the hub of that team- there's an extra edge to playing for your boyhood team.
    Mason Benataleb, Eriksen, Kane, with Walker Vertonghen and Lloris behind are almost automic picks now. That's more than since the Redknapp era.
    I haven't seen Davies do anything to make me trust him more than Rose, but he will soon have to get an extended chance. Failing that, I would like to see Stambouli get a run at left back. He's fairly quick, can tackle, is very strong, and concentrates hard- full backs switching off is a massive problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Mason Benataleb, Eriksen, Kane, with Walker Vertonghen and Lloris behind are almost automic picks now.

You also get the sense that this nucleus of the team believe in what the manager is doing and where the team is going. The young players are signing to five year contracts and I feel they are doing so for the right reason.

Both Lloris and Vertonghen spoke in the media about their confidence for the future and their faith in the young players coming through.

All in all their is a great sense of confidence throughout.

Long may it continue - it's early days in the Pochettino regime!

Advertisement