Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus One no invite needed

Options
  • 09-02-2015 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

On Tuesday Feb 10th OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black and 16GB Silk White will be available without invites.

Best price from DE website:
    https://oneplus.net/de
    Shipping to Ireland:
    http://mailboxde.com
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

At this stage they should be launching the OnePlus one Two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

sugarman wrote: »
    Its called the OnePlus Two and its expected to be released in the summer along with a mini version and a also a tablet.

To be pedantic itll be the 'OnePlus 2'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

soirish wrote: »
    On Tuesday Feb 10th OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black and 16GB Silk White will be available without invites.

Best price from DE website:
    https://oneplus.net/de
    Shipping to Ireland:
    http://mailboxde.com

So, if someone doesn't mind clueing me in how much the 16gb will cost inc. shipping and taxes etc, if you go the German route?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Blog says open sales every Tuesday
    https://oneplus.net/blog/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

So, if someone doesn't mind clueing me in how much the 16gb will cost inc. shipping and taxes etc, if you go the German route?

I wouldn't expect any taxes since Germany is in the EU.
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Larry_N

No LTE 800 MHz on this phone which might put some people off.

Good for Vodafone and Meteor in certain parts of the country as well but won't be able to utilise LTE Advanced when it's out in the summer. Probably getting a bit ahead of myself though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Larry_N wrote: »
    No LTE 800 MHz on this phone which might put some people off.

That's an issue only for Vodafone.

soirish wrote: »
    That's an issue only for Vodafone.

Meteor and 3/O2 operate on 800 in rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Anyone bite the bullet today on this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭jrmb

I wouldn't expect any taxes since Germany is in the EU.
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong there.
    You'll have to pay VAT to either Ireland or Germany. I can't tell whether the price includes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

What's the catch with these, other than no SD slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Eoin wrote: »

There is none really. The company is a start up and they've put all their money into building the phones and little to nothing on advertising, instead relying on the cheap price and exclusivity of being able to get one (invite system etc.) to build demand for it as opposed to the likes of Samsung and HTC who invest a huge amount into marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

vat surely won't be due as it's being sent from germany ?? @jrmb Why do you think tax is due ?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭jrmb

ianob7 wrote: »
    vat surely won't be due as it's being sent from germany ?? @jrmb Why do you think tax is due ?
    You'd have to pay VAT to either Ireland or Germany. I don't know whether the price shown includes it. Mail order prices often don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Eoin wrote: »

None, absolutely great phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

So how many people bit the bullet and went with this offer ?? What was the grand total with mailbox.de included ? also what delivery estimate was given ? think i'm gonna grab this next tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

So how many people bit the bullet and went with this offer ?? What was the grand total with mailbox.de included ? also what delivery estimate was given ? think i'm gonna grab this next tuesday

I did. 316 euro so far, but I won't know what mailboxde.com charge until it arrives there.
    If there is any movement before next Tuesday I will update here, so people know the full price buying via Germany, and also an estimate on shipping time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

jrmb wrote: »
    You'd have to pay VAT to either Ireland or Germany. I don't know whether the price shown includes it. Mail order prices often don't.

The VAT and any other local charges would be included in the German website price, it's an internal EU purchase so you definitely won't have to pay anything extra in Ireland. Even if the price didn't include German VAT, if the company are willing to sell it without charging the due German taxes the liability would be theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Technically it is sent from Heathrow airport where they have a warehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Vitamin T

kellsred wrote: »
    I did. 316 euro so far, but I won't know what mailboxde.com charge until it arrives there.
    If there is any movement before next Tuesday I will update here, so people know the full price buying via Germany, and also an estimate on shipping time.

Any update on this? I'm thinking of getting one from the German site if it works out cheaper than the UK site and doesn't take too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

I have decided to sell my one plus one 64 gb, I bought it at Christmas. I simply prefer my iphone. PM me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Vitamin T wrote: »
    Any update on this? I'm thinking of getting one from the German site if it works out cheaper than the UK site and doesn't take too long.

Apologies, too busy playing with my new toy!

I ordered on the 10th, it shipped Thursday the 12th.

It arrived in Mailboxde on the Monday; I got an email in the morning and logged on straight away to pay. I went with the cheapest option, Ceska Post. It cost €12.87. They shipped it that afternoon, it arrived in the Ceska Post depot that day.

The tracking information informed me that it was "sent to the destination country" on Tuesday 17th. And then the waiting started!
    The info didn't change until the following Monday, when it finally said it had arrived in the destination country and was being processed. It was delivered to me on Tuesday 24th.

So all in all it took two weeks, and €330 (€299 + €16.99 delivery + €12.87 mailbox.de delivery).

I believe getting it through Germany added another week to the process, but the saving made it worth it for me.

Advertisement