Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAX to Universal Studios transport options

Options
  • 09-02-2015 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am flying into LAX and I am looking at what transport options are available to me to get to my hotel near Universal Studios.

What would be my best transport option in getting two adults + bags etc there ?

I feel a taxi at 80 USD is a bit much but maybe i am wrong..

Has anyone used the shuttle type transport options ( Super Shuttle / Prime Time shuttle ) before?

Any help you can give would be appreciated ! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

bizebee wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am flying into LAX and I am looking at what transport options are available to me to get to my hotel near Universal Studios.

What would be my best transport option in getting two adults + bags etc there ?

I feel a taxi at 80 USD is a bit much but maybe i am wrong..

Has anyone used the shuttle type transport options ( Super Shuttle / Prime Time shuttle ) before?

Any help you can give would be appreciated ! :D

Its Los Angeles... rent a car.

Have you checked to see whether your hotel has a shuttle? If its big it may.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

You need a car in L.A. I got a taxi before from LAX to near Glendale and it was like 115$ before tip! Seriously though, you kinda need a car there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    You need a car in L.A. I got a taxi before from LAX to near Glendale and it was like 115$ before tip! Seriously though, you kinda need a car there.

When they designed the city around the automobile, with giant freeways and large distances between neighbourhoods, nobody ever thought about public transport or that the price of petrol might go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I once caught the bus from LAX to Santa Monica it took ages never again
    Then took me 2 busses to get from Santa Monica to Hollywood took me 2 hours

Couple of years later rented a car and took me 15 mins to drive what took me 2 hours on a bus there. Rent a car as others have said you will enjoy yourself a lot better then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Uber is around $30 USD

but TBH...rent a car - it's a LA and will make life a lot lot easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

If you really must do public transport you should take the Flyaway bus to Union Station Downtown. From there you can get the red metro line to Universal.
    I'm guess the bus will take 45mins depending on traffic and red line approx 25-30mins.

Advertisement