Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified by Visa Issue

Options
  • 09-02-2015 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi
    I used my VISA debit card on a regular basis for online purchases however I've just gone online and it's asking me to set up a new password. I'm concerned to say the least as I haven't requested a reset.

I did have an issue in early January where despite me not entering  a password the funds were taken from my account. However I have used my card online since then.
    Any idea what might have happened???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi travellingbid,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Verified by Visa is an additional layer of security that websites opt into. The website will generally show the Verified by Visa logo if they have. You will only be requested to confirm a purchase using your password on websites that have opted into this security feature. You will find that not all websites have opted into this.

To clarify why you are being prompted to set up a new password, please call the Verified by Visa Team on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000, option 3 then option 1, and a representative will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks
    Tara 

Advertisement