Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I ignore the Medical Card review form.

Options
  • 09-02-2015 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I am 68 and received a Medical Card review form today. At this stage I'm over the limit (by about €70 p/w). I'm wondering is there any point in returning the form with my details as I know I'm not eligible for either the Medical or GP visit card at present? Should I just ignore it and re-apply for the over-70s card in two years time? Given my circumstances, is there any possible drawback to not replying to the Medical Card Review I have just received?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Personally I would fill it out and send it back. Depending on all of your circumstances, make sure to list and be clear about your outgoings vs. income, dependants and particularly if you require regular doctor or hospital visits, then you may still qualify for a discretionary card.
    The worse that they can do is say no.

Advertisement