Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoppes No. 9

Options
  • 09-02-2015 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I recently bought a second hand Beretta O/U which was in very good condition apart from the choke tubes. A tornado brush and some gun oil sorted out the internals but the external areas still require attention.

Can I leave the chokes (Optima Extended) soaking in Hoppe's No 9 before cleaning further or will it eat into the plastic colour coded rings identifying each choke?

Is it common for the outside of choke tubes to get so dirty?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭scoobydoo07

Try and get your hands on M-Pro 7 gun cleaner and give it a good scrub.I found it to be not as harsh as the Hoppes but better for thorough cleaning of any part of a gun

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭thedavman009

Thank scoobydoo07.

I soaked the dirtiest choke tube in Hoppes last night and gave a good scrub after but the fouling on the exterior did not budge whatsoever. Will use some steel wool next time to see if it might help **** the crud.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Leave the tube in the solvent for a few mins then rub it across a bronze bore brush.

Advertisement