Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone someone in their 60s

Options
  • 09-02-2015 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

I am looking to get a phone for my mother she has had a few smart phones Samsung Galaxy Ace, Huawei Ascend G300 and some other low spec Android phones.

I noticed on the other tread they recommend a Moto G but if I am spending €200 would I not be better just to spend €300 on a OnePlus One?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 JamesTC

Both my parents are in their early 60s and I got them windows phones, my father had my old Samsung Galaxy for a while and hated it, found windowsphone with its tile layout and general setup much simpler to use and as neither would be big app users they don't care or notice the "app gap" between android and windows and they don't use them for games so 512mb of ram is fine especially with that OS, calling, texting, viber and email is all they wanted so I had no need to go overboard on spec.

The low/mid range Nokia windows phones work very well and would be within your price range, for example the Lumia 635 is €179 inc VAT on the Microsoft store, if you were spending a bit more to have a better screen and camera the Lumia 735 is €289, both have 4G.
    So it depends on how your Mother uses her phone, does she need the complete customization of Android, all the latest apps and the high end spec that Android phones normally need to run smoothly or would something else suffice for what she wants.

If you are going Andorid the Moto G is hard to beat as I think the OnePlusOne would be a bit of overkill.

Advertisement