Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Spurs Match thread 10 Feb 2015 KO 20:00 BT sports.

• 09-02-2015 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭

epl_liverpool_vs_tottenham.jpg

Last six meetings between these sides have been Liverpool Won 4, Lost 1 and a goalless draw.

Spurs travel to Liverpool with an in form Harry Kane, the young striker seems to be getting better and better and Liverpools back three will have their hands full trying to contain him. An injury picked up by Lucas will give Rodgers a decision on whether to reshuffle his back three by moving Can into midfield and recalling either Glen Johnson or Loveren. Hopefully the minor injuries that lead to Sterling and Couthino both being subbed against Everton, doesn't result in them missing out on Spurs.

Mig
    ----Can
    Skrtel
    Sakho
    -Ibe--Henderson--Allen--Moreno
    Coutinho----Sterling
    Sturridge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

That's the lineup I want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ugh! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Charlie19 wrote: »
    epl_liverpool_vs_tottenham.jpg

Last six meetings between these sides have been Liverpool Won 4, Lost 1 and a goalless draw.

Spurs travel to Liverpool with an in form Harry Kane, the young striker seems to be getting better and better and Liverpools back three will have their hands full trying to contain him. An injury picked up by Lucas will give Rodgers a decision on whether to reshuffle his back three by moving Can into midfield and recalling either Glen Johnson or Loveren. Hopefully the minor injuries that lead to Sterling and Couthino both being subbed against Everton, doesn't result in them missing out on Spurs.

Mig
    ----Can
    Skrtel
    Sakho
    -Ibe--Henderson--Allen--Moreno
    Coutinho----Sterling
    Sturridge
    I don't think we will see Sturridge start yet, maybe 2 or 3 games too soon:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I hope you're wrong as I think we'll need him on the pitch from the beginning and hopefully get a goal or two lead before the late Spurs revival, probably an Erickson freekick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

8-10 wrote: »
    That's the lineup I want

I'm not a big fan of Allen, as he's hasn't done much of yet but with Lucas injured and Gerrard needing to be benched, I think he's probably the best option without too much upheaval in the defence by shifting Can into midfield.
    Ugh! :(

Whats wrong with you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Id actually prefer gerrard in the middle with henderson over allen, or can in the middle and lovren starting. The only player id like to see less than Allen is johnson.

He offers absolutely nothing and get pushed off the ball far too easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Kane hat trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Id actually prefer gerrard in the middle with henderson over allen, or can in the middle and lovren starting. The only player id like to see less than Allen is johnson.

He offers absolutely nothing and get pushed off the ball far too easy

Allen did well when he came on v everton tbf, still think his future is a doubt with us but gerrard playing in midfield will stink the place out tbh, if he plays its off the striker or not atall for me.

I hope Sturridge starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

klose wrote: »
    Allen did well when he came on v everton tbf, still think his future is a doubt with us but gerrard playing in midfield will stink the place out tbh, if he plays its off the striker or not atall for me.

I didnt see the full match against Everton but what i did see was very poor. I think allen has done a great job in lowering the expectations for himself. He is a cm that can't defend cause he is as weak as water, he contributes absolutely nothing going forward not sure exactly but be supprised if he has contributed more than 3 goals/assist combined. He doesnt really playmake either so not really sure what he brings to the team. Yet if he doesnt make an absolute **** of things people start thinking he had a decent game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Big game for us.. they are in a decent run of form but I fancy us to nick the points here. I would expect a similar line-up to the weekend:

Hugo
    Walker - Dier - Jan - Rose
    ---- Bentaleb - Mason
    Lamela - Dembele - Eriksen
    Kane

I'd rather see Chadli instead of Lamela.

COYS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Flight at 3:30 tomorrow from Belfast, mad dash to hotel and then on to the ground. Hoping for a good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Big game for us.. they are in a decent run of form but I fancy us to nick the points here. I would expect a similar line-up to the weekend:

Hugo
    Walker - Dier - Jan - Rose
    ---- Bentaleb - Mason
    Lamela - Dembele - Eriksen
    Kane

I'd rather see Chadli instead of Lamela.

COYS.

I'd play that team but bench rose and lamela for Davies and chadli ..coys!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Flight at 3:30 tomorrow from Belfast, mad dash to hotel and then on to the ground. Hoping for a good game

safe travels x

Have fun mate! Wish I was going myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Anything but a spurs win and I'm happy, with a draw being my preference.

Spurs are in fine form in contrast to Liverpool who gave a performance to justify why they're 7th against everton. I didn't see the game but going by the highlights Gerard was the most dangerous player, he's also pools top scorer this season, is there any real arguments for him not to start?

All that said, Liverpool usually turn spurs over easily so 2-1 to the red men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Oranage2 wrote: »

Spurs are in fine form in contrast to Liverpool who gave a performance to justify why they're 7th against everton. I didn't see the game but going by the highlights Gerard was the most dangerous player, he's also pools top scorer this season, is there any real arguments for him not to start?

Plenty. Firstly he actually didn't play well in that game. He wasn't alone in this but there it is.

Secondly, he played the full 90 minutes. He's about the least mobile man on the pitch at the best of times and after a full game at the weekend? He'll be gassed after half an hour. Starting him would be a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

He must have edited those highlights himself. He was awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

djPSB wrote: »
    Kane hat trick.

h-armstrong-roberts-1930s-magician-hands-pulling-rabbit-out-of-top-hat.jpg

:confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Classic that. The gave a performance to justify they were seventh. Well I think they did. I didn't actually see the game. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Dickerty wrote: »

:confused::D

QBwW3iv.jpg

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Fixture venue changed from Anfield to Tesco car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

niallo27 wrote: »
    Classic that. The gave a performance to justify they were seventh. Well I think they did. I didn't actually see the game. Brilliant.

Hahaha brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Fixture venue changed from Anfield to Tesco car park.

Are you for real?

Lorris,
    Walker, deir,vertongen, Davies,
    Mason,Strombuli,
    Dembele,Erikson,chadli,
    Hurricane.

Hopefully another 2-1 away win Erikson and chadli scorers..

Come on you spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

he played 45 mins vs Everton the next step is to start him and bring him off after 65/70 mins

Any update on Lallana's injury, will he be available tonight?

The team listed in the OP is what i would like to see anyway with perhaps a bench of
    Ward, Lovren, Manquillo, Gerrard, Borini, Markovic, Lallana

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Reports of Sterling out and replaced in attack by Markovick

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/02/raheem-sterling-ruled-liverpools-game-vs-tottenham/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

slingerz wrote: »
    he played 45 mins vs Everton the next step is to start him and bring him off after 65/70 mins

Any update on Lallana's injury, will he be available tonight?

The team listed in the OP is what i would like to see anyway with perhaps a bench of
    Ward, Lovren, Manquillo, Gerrard, Borini, Markovic, Lallana
    I thought he came on later, around 60min?

Edit: on for Coutinho at 56'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm kind of optimistic about Spur's chances...so we'll probably lose 3-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ike wrote: »
    Reports of Sterling out and replaced in attack by Markovick

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/02/raheem-sterling-ruled-liverpools-game-vs-tottenham/

I thought Lazar was injured?

I want Sturridge to replace Sterling, sounds like he will be missing alright

Mignolet
    ----Can-Skrtel- Sakho
    Ibe
    Allen----Moreno
    Henderson
    ---Markovic--Coutinho
    Sturridge

by the looks of it. The only point of debate is whether Gerrard plays and where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Spurs win hopefully. Liverpool can afford to drop the points here and catch Chelsea.

Worst fan in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As long as Gerrard doesn't start I'll be happy and if he does I pray to Christ its not the DM position we will be slaughtered otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Nervy 2-1 to Liverpool.
    Spurs to score late (with an eriksen assisted free kick!), Pool to cling on for dear life afterwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sterling confirmed out,this could be a good game with 2 form teams but Spurs have a habit of capitulating against Liverpool.Maybe this changes tonight with the "HurriKane" on top form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Where the fcuk was this a minute ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

vital 3 points at stake, hopefully we can disable kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Very well done there :)

Hopefully we continue our recent run of form and get at least a draw. COYS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It'll be a huge undertaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

monkey9 wrote: »
    It'll be a huge undertaking.
    I hate to be the Bearer of bad news, but I have to agree

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was at this fixture the last couple of years. Last year Spurs were given a real hiding and the year before Liverpool were pretty lucky to come away with a 3-2 win. I'll gladly take either tonight. You'd assume Spurs are up for some revenge though from the last 3 meetings which were all real thrashings for Spurs.

This should be a much closer game though as both teams are playing fairly well lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Virtanen wrote: »
    I hate to be the Bearer of bad news, but I have to agree

What an ap-Paul-ling joke!

Sturridge starts.

Liverpool team to face Spurs - Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Gerrard, Henderson, Markovic, Coutinho, Ibe, Sturridge

Subs: Ward, Johnson, Lovren, Lambert, Lallana, Allen, Balotelli

Liverpool FC:

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Ibe, Henderson, Gerrard, Moreno, Markovic, Coutinho, Sturridge

Subs: Ward, Johnson, Lovren, Lambert, Lallana, Allen, Balotelli

SPURS

Lloris; Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Mason; Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen; Kane.

Gerrard in the Lucas role then? There will be goals in this game for Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I hope & think Ibe will be in behind Sturridge with Markovic RWB. Ibe is more of a goal threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gerrard was man of the highlights last time out...would be insanity not to start him against the North London champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Gerrard was man of the highlights last time out...would be insanity not to start him against the North London champions.

That's because he was the only person playing at goodison. It was the Gerrard derby after all ;)

I'd go like this

Mignolet,
    Can, Skrtel, Sakho,
    Henderson,
    Markovic Gerrard, Moreno,
    Coutinho,
    Ibe, Sturridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

All set BT Sport 1 HD! COME ON THE POOL

• Advertisement
Advertisement