Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self install hkc app

Options
  • 09-02-2015 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi people!
    I have installed hkc 1070 with gsm. Just wondering is the app useless to me as i am not a registered installer? Also, would a 3 network sim card be fine?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

jlav1 wrote: »
    Hi people!
    I have installed hkc 1070 with gsm. Just wondering is the app useless to me as i am not a registered installer? Also, would a 3 network sim card be fine?

Thank you in advance

The GSM-Q and GSM-SC are different devices.
    Which one have you installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jlav1

The gsm q

The gsm q

The GSM-Q is for sim control of the system.
    You would of needed the GSM-SC to use the app.

So you are saying with the q model, i can 1111 set/unset etc. and with the sc i could use the app? Do i need to be registered to avail of the app. Thank you again!

So you are saying with the q model, i can 1111 set/unset etc. and with the sc i could use the app? Do i need to be registered to avail of the app. Thank you again!

That is correct.
    No you dont need to be a registered installer, it will just be an unbranded app.

• Advertisement

So is there an unbranded app on apple store? Sorry about this. Noob here. Got the hkc app for €7.99 on the store. It has a demo on it but it won't let me add a site without a log in. Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Don't think you can use your own SIM card here. I think you may be forced to use HKCs one & pay their annual subscription.

Will my 3 sim work in the gsm q?!! Thanks guys

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For use with the app?

No. Just stand alone. Eg. 1111 set/unset etc. thanks

• Advertisement

So is there an unbranded app on apple store? Sorry about this. Noob here. Got the hkc app for €7.99 on the store. It has a demo on it but it won't let me add a site without a log in. Thanks

You can not use the GSM-Q with the App.
    You can only add a live site.

Thank you Altor. I ll leave as is. Put in my 3 sim and just text the system 1111 set/unset. That should be okay?

Thank you Altor. I ll leave as is. Put in my 3 sim and just text the system 1111 set/unset. That should be okay?

I dont use 3 as a sim provider for ready to go.
    I presume it works, I know on older GSMs it did not work.
    You will soon know when you set it up :)

Thank you so much. I ll get an O2 chip as back up so!! I ll let ye know how it pans out. Thanks all again

Thank you so much. I ll get an O2 chip as back up so!! I ll let ye know how it pans out. Thanks all again

Thats no problem, please do let us know how the three chip works out too.

I will for sure.

I will for sure.

Did you not say you installed the GSM?
    If adding the sim at a later date make sure you power off the system, mains and battery.

Hi. System up an running. Gsm going in before the weekend.

No. Just stand alone. Eg. 1111 set/unset etc. thanks

I'm not sure. There was an issue sending text from Three Sims in some diallers.

Hi. System up an running. Gsm going in before the weekend.

OK, just make sure you down power the system before adding it.
    Go into the comms menu, communicators, GSM/GPRS press yes. In the option you enter the pin on the sim. Then the status will check for access to the network and the signal for you. If this comes up then you will be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Wasn't the issue with the 3 network the inability to receive texts from landlines?

kub wrote: »
    Wasn't the issue with the 3 network the inability to receive texts from landlines?

Not just from landlines, although that was never sorted.
    They have an out on that now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You cannot use a 3 network sim in a GSM dialler. As far as I know, the 3 network only uses the 3g network for texting and HKC diallers don't use that network.

Thank you. Which network would you say is better?

Thank you. Which network would you say is better?

This just depends on the service provider in your area.
    I would check this by mobile use in the area where the control panel is installed.

Both vodafone and 02 are good here. Reception wise. So either or?

Both vodafone and 02 are good here. Reception wise. So either or?

Either should be fine so. When you check the status once installed it will give the signal strength.

Thanks guys. Brilliant help here. Unreal. I will keep ye posted. Once again, thank you!

Thanks guys. Brilliant help here. Unreal. I will keep ye posted. Once again, thank you!

No problem, any other questions let us know :)

• Advertisement

Sorry lads for the late reply. Just got to it today. First thing, 3 sim a no joy but 100% with voda. All working now. Thanks again for all the help!

Advertisement