Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self install hkc app

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

jlav1 wrote: »
    Sorry lads for the late reply. Just got to it today. First thing, 3 sim a no joy but 100% with voda. All working now. Thanks again for all the help!

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.
    Glad you have it all set up and working too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brian70

Hi I have a similar situation. I have recently had a hkc 1070 installed. Gsm sc installed. I had a few issues with the installer and have cut links/ ties with him. I now can't activate my hkc app because I haven't got an activation code and hkc won't deal with me as I am not an installer. I have downloaded and paid for the official hkc app. Anyone help me? Going to the installer is not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

brian70 wrote: »
    Hi I have a similar situation. I have recently had a hkc 1070 installed. Gsm sc installed. I had a few issues with the installer and have cut links/ ties with him. I now can't activate my hkc app because I haven't got an activation code and hkc won't deal with me as I am not an installer. I have downloaded and paid for the official hkc app. Anyone help me? Going to the installer is not an option.

if you have been set up 0*9 followed by your usercode displays your site id and password.

stuartkee wrote: »
    if you have been set up 0*9 followed by your usercode displays your site id and password.

Did that. It says not installed. It would appear that the hardware gsm card has been installed but not activated/set up with hkc? Can anyone suggest where I go from here?
    I have the app. I have the system. I have the gsmsc card installed. I just need a way to activate the card but hkc won't deal with me.

Did that. It says not installed. It would appear that the hardware gsm card has been installed but not activated/set up with hkc? Can anyone suggest where I go from here?
    I have the app. I have the system. I have the gsmsc card installed. I just need a way to activate the card but hkc won't deal with me.

First up, you will need engineer access to set this up on your system.
    If the hardware has being installed and you have engineer access, go into the comms menu to set up same.

If you dont have the engineer code you will need to default (providing not eng locked) and set up the system again.

• Advertisement

altor wrote:
    First up, you will need engineer access to set this up on your system. If the hardware has being installed and you have engineer access, go into the comms menu to set up same.

Great thanks I have the engineer code is it hard to set up in comms menu?

Great thanks I have the engineer code is it hard to set up in comms menu?

Nope, simple.
    Set up your account on securecomm.hkc.ie
    Go in to the comms menu and enable the GSM-SC.
    Enter the ID and a password that will be used to set up the App on your phone.

altor wrote: »
    Nope, simple.
    Set up your account on securecomm.hkc.ie
    Go in to the comms menu and enable the GSM-SC.
    Enter the ID and a password that will be used to set up the App on your phone.

Thanks I will give it a try when I get home later. Much appreciated

How do I get into the comms menu?

Ok got it sorted I'm up and running.Thanks for the help

• Advertisement

Ok got it sorted I'm up and running.Thanks for the help

Brilliant, glad you have it all up and running.

Advertisement