Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excessive usage

Options
  • 09-02-2015 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Hi eircom,

I have had a bad experience with your company today. I will not go into the full detail now, but the bones of it are that I have been charged extra for a service I haven't used.

I upgraded today to bb unlimited and asked the girl my usage mtd. 108gb, 60 of which was used yesterday. My problem here is that yesterday I was not at home for most of the day. When i was here I downloaded 1.5gb and streamed netflix for 2 hours. I live on my own and never gave my password to anyone.

I spoke to 5 different people in eircom today. Eventually I was told because I upgraded to unlimited this would backdate and include the 108gb mtd. I was told I wont be charged anything more than €5. Can you confirm this is correct and that there is no contract involved with changing the pack?

I have pm'd the details to your reps account.

Thanks,

Duffff-man

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Hi eircom,

I have had a bad experience with your company today. I will not go into the full detail now, but the bones of it are that I have been charged extra for a service I haven't used.

I upgraded today to bb unlimited and asked the girl my usage mtd. 108gb, 60 of which was used yesterday. My problem here is that yesterday I was not at home for most of the day. When i was here I downloaded 1.5gb and streamed netflix for 2 hours. I live on my own and never gave my password to anyone.

I spoke to 5 different people in eircom today. Eventually I was told because I upgraded to unlimited this would backdate and include the 108gb mtd. I was told I wont be charged anything more than €5. Can you confirm this is correct and that there is no contract involved with changing the pack?

I have pm'd the details to your reps account.

Thanks,

Duffff-man
    Hi Duffff-Man

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further for you

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Sent that on Alan 

Sent that on Alan 
    Thanks Duffff-Man

I'll investigate this and get back to you as soon as possible

AL

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Very easy to hack an Eircom network password once you have the network id. Always change the network name to something generic, to stop unscrupulous people from helping themselves. P.S. that may be why your usage was so high. Someone downloading off your broadband for free

Hi Duffff-Man

Is there a good or preferred time to contact you on your mobile or land line about this?

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Duffff-Man

Is there a good or preferred time to contact you on your mobile or land line about this?

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

I won't be available to take a call until Friday. I've sent a pm with my contact number.

Thanks

Hi Duffff-Man

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

I won't be available to take a call until Friday. I've sent a pm with my contact  number.

Thanks
    Thanks for taking my call Duffff-Man

Let me know if there's anything I can help with in future

Al

Just want to thank Alan forhis prompt call. Resolved my query and explained everything to my satisfaction. Great customer service.

Just want to thank Alan forhis prompt call. Resolved my query and explained everything to my satisfaction. Great customer service.
    Cheers Duffff-Man :)

Al

Advertisement