Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dylon machine wash -where to buy and how good is it?

• 09-02-2015 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

As the title says, where (in Dublin) can you buy Dylon machine dye? I wanted to dye two pairs of faded black jeans. The threading is black anyway but do jeans (actually more like cotton jeggings) tend to dye well?

I'm also thinking of using it to dye the cover of my sons ikea chair. It's like a natural linen/fabric. Whoever thought of putting a cream cover on a kids chair clearly didnt have kids. http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/30116551/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Hickeys. It's good. I prefer the non machine one though. Find it better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Hickeys. It's good. I prefer the non machine one though. Find it better.

Is the non machine one very messy? Do you just do it in the bath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

the dye works well on cotton but synthetics dont dye as well. Elastine and poylester thread can sometimes stay their original colour. I once dyed a beige trench coat black it came out great but the beige thread stayed beige.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

yellow hen wrote: »
    Is the non machine one very messy? Do you just do it in the bath?

I say you are better doing it in a metal kitchen sink or a plastic box. Dye may stain a bath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I use the machine wash ones regularly on my husbands trousers and jeans. Abt 3 weeks ago, I threw 2 pairs of brown
    trousers, 2 packets of dye and a packet of the Dylon salt into a 40 degree wash and they came out perfectly.
    Did the same to 2 pair of jeans. I give the rubber around the drum a quick wipe, put the machine onto a hot
    wash and it cleans itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

The only place that stocks it where I live is in my chemist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Keep an eye out in the larger pharmacies (not chains). They tend to have them. Also some shoe repair places stock them.

I have only used the non machine one and it turned out great. I used a large plastic container (child toy box for Euro store) rather than the bath and poured the liquid down an outside drain.

Advertisement