Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Hurling League 2015 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Dublin just playing with a much higher intensity all over the pitch.

Schutte destroying Cahalane like he did to Richie, playing serious hurling atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Harnedy and Lehane have far too much legs for the Dublin HBs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Damn. good goal by Cork. Only 3 in it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Three crucial interceptions by Peter Kelly at various stages to deny Cork goals today.

• Advertisement

How much Extra time was played!

Schutte should have had a free. Dubs have been robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Horrible way to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

Fair play to Cork that was some comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Some comeback for Cork.

Never seen Jimmy Barry-Murphy so animated on the line before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Sitamoia

Jaysus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

be grand if there was a separate audio feed in english

What a finish by Bonner!

Hitchens wrote: »
    be grand if there was a separate audio feed in english

There is. Its up on 23.5E.

Marty Morrissey did the first game. Ger Canning is doing the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Callinan took 8 steps there.
    joke

STB. wrote: »

Jaysus. TG4 commentators are waaaay better than those two.

That was top top class.

Another goal for Tipp. They've looked a bit aimless so far but when they run at Waterford, they're causing problems. A lot of poor shooting from Waterford, that will cost them.

Lovely score from Callanan. Tipp are hitting a lot of ball straight to Waterford backs, and Waterford work it well out of defence but then just lump it straight towards a 50-50 and don't have the ballwinners up front. Bit brainless.

I think they are beating the Waterford system though. They are comfortable bringing the ball out of defense and sending it crossfield into the corners, making the extra players Waterford have back redundant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭webels

Hard to see past Tipp going all the way this Summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Early yet but tipp total control
    Only one winner as tipp are no Dublin and Waterford certainly no cork imo allow same comeback
    I said this week Waterford over rated based on nothing achieved yet and while deserved huge credit division two it'd an awful awful division and when Waterford could not beat a poor one dimensional limerick showed while good certainly not good as made out to be
    This is even weak tipp team
    Huge gap between division one hurling and lower division
    No wonder no team lower division won all Ireland since 96

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

webels wrote: »
    Hard to see past Tipp going all the way this Summer

Only if someone else beats KK
    Cork if had full back would rattle tipp

letowski wrote: »
    I think they are beating the Waterford system though. They are comfortable bringing the ball out of defense and sending it crossfield into the corners, making the extra players Waterford have back redundant.

Brendan Maher has had a lot of influence so far but having the likes of Callanan & Bonner is a huge advantage, Waterford don't have players like that really. Still a lot of aimless ball by Tipp which O'Shea might be worried about against a better team.

First point from play for Waterford there, I think, which is a main problem, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

STB. wrote: »

no access to Sky TV I'm afraid

Enjoyable game, both defences on top really. Lots of great fielding from both sides.

Tipp finding scores that little bit easier but have picked up a lot of yellow cards.

Great fight in Waterford as the half went on great to see.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Tipp have some nice little scores but are playing a lot of pointless ball into the forwards too.

Great goal. Poor defending/goalkeeping, Waterford doing well now.

Great stuff from Waterford. Tipp have gone missing this half.

• Advertisement

Great stuff by Waterford, they fully deserve that. Great hurling today in Nowlan Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Yessssss get the fcuk in!! League final here we come brilliant display from the lads, delighted!

Well done to Waterford, definitely the better team. Stuck with their plan but started to play smarter ball into the attack and the likes of Shanahan and Dunford stepped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭letsseehere14

Good game of hurling for the neutral. Waterford really went for it. Is that them at full tilt though? Tipps bad luck with officials strikes them again by being denied the 65 at the death and I thought Waterford winning free was soft. But Waterford definetly the better team on the day. Will they still be this close come championship though?
    Cork Dublin. Dublin lads must be sick!

Good game of hurling for the neutral. Waterford really went for it. Is that them at full tilt though? Tipps bad luck with officials strikes them again by being denied the 65 at the death and I thought Waterford winning free was soft. But Waterford definetly the better team on the day. Will they still be this close come championship though?

Hard to know whether that's them at full tilt. I thought Dublin were at full tilt in the first half but it's very hard to know for sure. It's something you'll only see come Championship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Looked like a sideline ball to me.

• Advertisement

Fireball07 wrote:
    Hard to know whether that's them at full tilt. I thought Dublin were at full tilt in the first half but it's very hard to know for sure. It's something you'll only see come Championship.

True. From where I was sitting I though Waterford definetly brought the highest level of intensity of the 4, Tipp the least. It's good that we're seeing a levelling of the field I just wouldn't get ahead if myself if I was a Waterford fan.

O Riain wrote: »
    Looked like a sideline ball to me.

It was definitely a '65 tbf. But hard to begrudge Waterford the win, they were the better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Too many wides from Tipp, easy wides too. That is what cost them. They didn't get out of second gear either, Waterford punished them and deserved the win. Annoyed at not being given the chance to level up fairly though, clearly a 65.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Only one winner as tipp are no Dublin and Waterford certainly no cork imo allow same comeback
    I said this week Waterford over rated based on nothing achieved yet and while deserved huge credit division two it'd an awful awful division and when Waterford could not beat a poor one dimensional limerick showed while good certainly not good as made out to be

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

if the ball hits the corner flag its a sideline cut no matter which side the ball goes out on. Looked like the ball hit the flag but not 100 % sure though

• Advertisement

The only disappointing is that with Cork & Waterford playing each other in the Championship in a few weeks, it's hard to see them giving absolutely everything in the league final.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

Fireball07 wrote: »
    The only disappointing is that with Cork & Waterford playing each other in the Championship in a few weeks, it's hard to see them giving absolutely everything in the league final.

Waterford will give everything to win the final don't know about Cork but it would be crazy not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Fair play for having an opinion and committing to it by posting it as opposed to someone coming on after and saying they knew that would happen. But making that jujudgement after 20 minutes was ludicrous!

I'm wondering too if we're a little bit ahead of others in our season too, but hopefully not. Deservedly in the league final anyway.

if the ball hits the corner flag its a sideline cut no matter which side the ball goes out on. Looked like the ball hit the flag but not 100 % sure though

You're right, if it struck the flag it's a sideline ball. I thought the spin from the attempted clearance took it out by itself but I'm probably wrong. No point dwelling on one moment. Two excellent games. Good atmosphere and really makes Munster and Leinster interesting this year.

Barry Kelly was right in the end according to TSG. If the ball touches any bit of the flag it's a sideline despite bouncing goal side. Few Tipp people on twitter looking a little red faced I think. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fireball07 wrote: »

It should of been Dublin vs Waterford. They deserved a free near the end. Was in front of a cork lad who gave out about cork all match and then celebrated like they won the all Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It should of been Dublin vs Waterford. They deserved a free near the end. Was in front of a cork lad who gave out about cork all match and then celebrated like they won the all Ireland

If you're talking about the schutte incident that was on the highlights and marty morrissey was pretending to be shocked over, then no they did not deserve a free, nothing in it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I think Waterford set out the stall in November to target the league but I doubt they expected this sort of progress. It's a great achievement in a short space of time off the back of last year.

I dunno what sort of improvement we will see between now and the summer but I would say we probably have the lowest aver age of any team bar maybe Clare in the Country so that would be a good reason for suggesting their is as much improvement in them as any team in the Country. But obviously, you'll have the likes of Kilkenny, Clare, Limerick back in the fold come championship and a resurgent Tipp. Wouldn't be thinking too far ahead, but as a young team playing so well this year and coming from 7 points down against the form team in the Country...well, I think it would be fair enough that we think we are back on the big stage at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Two very exciting games to provide more evidence that there will be very few games easy to call this summer. Also the venue definitely added to the spectacle, good crowd and good atmosphere in a suitable venue. The GAA should take note for the football semi-finals if they insist on persisting with them.

Wasn't overly impressed with Cork today but it has the makings of two good games between themselves and Waterford. Waterford have had a great league. At this stage in their development there is probably more pressure on Cork to put down a marker by getting their hands on national silverware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Two very exciting games to provide more evidence that there will be very few games easy to call this summer. Also the venue definitely added to the spectacle, good crowd and good atmosphere in a suitable venue. The GAA should take note for the football semi-finals if they insist on persisting with them.
    16,445 :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement