Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake Pipe Replacement with Copper

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

They could be using either as both are readily available.

So you would need to clarify with the individual garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Ask to see the piping in question. It's easy to tell the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭charlieharper

Copper piping is flexible and much easier for a mechanic to use. It can take serious heat.

Cupro Nickel is more stiff and uses this for it's strength.

Both are suitable but just depends how hard it is to fit for the mechanic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

They've used copper nickel piping. Seems like an extremely well done job. They also did the timing chain, guides and tensioner.

I must do at least one set of metal brake pipes s week firstly normally we us copper as it is perfect for 90 percent of cars and we use the nickel for the other that requires higher pressure. To be honest I've a pain in my back side changing them lately.
    There must be a new tester in the test centre near us because the stuff he has failed is rediculos only the coating flaking off not a bother on the pipes but he says they must be changed so they got a be done.
    But honestly it's a crazy amount of them being done

Advertisement