Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines night

Options
  • 09-02-2015 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if someone could suggest a nice place to dine out on Saturday night ...due to the fact it's Valentine's night i don't want to go somewhere that just rips you off and hands up any kind of grub just because they can get away with it on night's like this......cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You just have to ring or walk around and check the various places.
    Cheap restaurant and Valentines are not compatible I'm afraid.
    Possibly all nice places are booked by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

We booked into the Asian Tea House (I think that's the correct name) on Mary Street.

We ate there recently and were very impressed by the food, so much so we booked there and then for Valentines Night.

We had two starters and two mains for about €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

The Twelve in Barna did a really nice set menu last year and the price and service were very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Aniar? But it is probably booked out at this stage.
    What about Lime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Mulberries in Barna is fantastic, but you'll have to cross your fingers for a free table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The answer is always Blakes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

We had a lovely valentines meal in the Gourmet Tart in Salthill last year. It was a set menu and the food was the usual good standard. You would need to book ASAP as it's very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

I wouldn't go to Gourmet Tart for dinner. I used to really enjoy the food there but went recently and was so disappointed. It was absolute pants and the place was half empty (no wonder).

It still gets great reviews for lunch but the dinner servings are just appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

While I really like Gourmet Tart it is definitely not the place for a romantic dinner. It's rather utilitarian and the accoustics are pretty bad. I don't mind when I go in to grab a quick lunch or coffee but it wouldn't be my choice for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

... and d the accoustics are pretty bad.

Thiiiiissssssssssssssssssssss

• Advertisement
Advertisement