Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 2015 Newport RI

• 09-02-2015 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

Said I'd make this thread seeing as almost all the other destinations have one also. A group of us from Cork are heading out to Newport on the 25th of May. We've thankfully got accommodation sorted on Thames St, which along with Brewer St seem to be pretty much the main streets. Anyone else planning on heading out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Evidently not 😔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,392 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Lovely place, fist gas lit street in NA is just off Thames St (pronounced Taymz). Also the first tavern in the US. Next parish is somewhere in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AlexMcD

Me and one of the lads are planning on heading out June 2nd. How much is your rent lads?

AlexMcD wrote: »
    Me and one of the lads are planning on heading out June 2nd. How much is your rent lads?

We're renting for 2 months as we have to be back in Ireland for mid August so its in and around $1000 for the full contract, it doesn't sem to be too bad for Newport prices, especially as the place that we've got is very central!

EDIT: That's per person.

Ya thats not bad. And did ya find it online??

• Advertisement

AlexMcD wrote: »
    Ya thats not bad. And did ya find it online??

We knew people who had been there last year so they put us in contact with the realtor.

Any of ye started looking for jobs yet?

Ah happy days. Well I think me and one of the lads are sorted doing caddying in Newport Country Club. Apparently jobs are very handy get out there though so I wouldn't be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ciaramaria95

Heya, me and two other girls are heading to newport on the 3rd of june? We are having trouble finding a place to stay. Do any of ye have rooms to fill or know of anyone looking for people to live with ? :)

Heya, me and two other girls are heading to newport on the 3rd of june? We are having trouble finding a place to stay. Do any of ye have rooms to fill or know of anyone looking for people to live with ? :)

Can't help you there unfortunately as were just above full occupancy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 catmee

Hey! Me and 3 friends thinking of doing J1 in Newport this summer. We were thinking Huntington beach but from what I've found online, newport is easier to get jobs and accommodation.

Whats the nightlife like and is it easy to find accommodation??

Anyone with any tips please? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement