Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Glenomena Accommodation 2015/16

Options
  • 09-02-2015 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I'lI be going into first year from LC this September and I'm up for getting a Glenomena apartment at UCD..

I have questions :P

Okay, so..

1.) Is there anywhere to store a motorbike?
    2.) What apartment/house numbers would be on the 3rd storey?
    ..and
    3.) Any advice? :)

p.s. I tried desperately to find photos of the interiors of the apartments but there's not an awful lot online... if any students could send me a pic or two I would be soooo grateful :')

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

I deferred my place last year so definitely going to be in UCD and hoping for glenomena as well! This is of zero value to your post but I would benefit from any answers to the above also if anyone is feeling obliging?!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

Can double check, but I believe there's four apartments to a floor. So, 9-12 should be third floor.
    There's plenty of space for parking a motor bike next to the bike stands.
    Advice: Get friendly with your roommates, in Glenomena it's very easy to almost never speak to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

b0gg3r wrote: »
    Can double check, but I believe there's four apartments to a floor. So, 9-12 should be third floor.

There's 3 to a floor. There is 12 apartments to a building for Glenomena houses 1-8, and 15 apartments in houses 9-10, as those houses have an extra floor. However, the top floor in houses 9 and 10 has apartments 14, 15, 16, as there is no apartment 13. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

b0gg3r wrote: »
    in Glenomena it's very easy to almost never speak to them.

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lcmockslol

Thank you both for ALL for your help! Seriously, it means the world to me <3

What are the nicest actual apartments/houses though? ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

How so?

Having your own bathroom and a reasonably nice bedroom with a lock on the door makes it pretty easy to just never go into the common areas of your apartment. Because there are 6 people in the apartment I guess none of them feel true "ownership" of the common areas, so stick to their own rooms. Unlike in Belgrove.
    lcmockslol wrote: »
    Thank you both for ALL for your help! Seriously, it means the world to me <3

What are the nicest actual apartments/houses though? ^_^

They're all the exact same really. Unless you're very fussed about being near the laundry place or whatever.

Advertisement