Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprenticeships *2

Options
  • 09-02-2015 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm 31 and looking to start an apprenticeship in electrical installation, would anybody know of a contractor looking to employ at the minute? I'm based in the north 5 mins from Castleblayney, I can travel if needed no problem as I have a van and tools.

I have been working for the last three years with single and three phase motors, pumps, compressors and control panels etc in the wastewater treatment industry. I have decided I want to go and learn the electrical trade fully now and am looking for an employer. Previously I have completed an apprenticeship in fabrication and welding and studied a HNC in Mechanical Engineering at college, so I'm not a complete beginner and have a good working experience in industry.

Thanks
    Michael

*PS no company names in replys, please PM me any recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mfearnon

I know mate, but it was closed for using company names, so I started another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

mfearnon wrote: »
    I know mate, but it was closed for using company names, so I started another.

Sorry. On phone. Didn't check. As I said ,best of luck in your hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Regardless of your perceived experience you're going to be starting out on the bottom rung and considered cheap labour for a while.

Do you know what apprentice rates are? If you have a mortgage/rent/bills etc they'll be difficult to service on a 1st year apprentice wage.

Plenty of work going on up in Intel all major contractors on site and they're usually eager for first year apprentices. I don't know of anyone up north might be best to google a few contractors and put in a few phone calls.

Advertisement