Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre frozen lug

Options
  • 09-02-2015 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

Hello

I was wondering would it be wise to bait up some lug and mack Sausage rolls (bait basically) and freeze for easy use when im heading fishing - bearing in mind both are previously frozen.

Would they be any good or would they just fall apart on me after being frozen 2/3 times??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Frozen black lug is a great bait, especially up the east coast. You can refreeze it without problems. Razor is the same.
    Mack is different tho. Id rather chuck it in the water than refreeze it as it goes to mush!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

My two cents worth is that frozen lug turns to mush when its defrosted..it tends not to stay on the hook long anyway and would be one of my least favourite baits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

chopper6 wrote: »
    My two cents worth is that frozen lug turns to mush when its defrosted..it tends not to stay on the hook long anyway and would be one of my least favourite baits.

You're doing it wrong if it won't stay on the hook. Use a bent wire to turn it inside out and pass the hook through a number of times, use elastic bait thread to secure, maybe a small bit of mack or squid to tip off, great flattie bait...

Zzippy wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong if it won't stay on the hook. Use a bent wire to turn it inside out and pass the hook through a number of times, use elastic bait thread to secure, maybe a small bit of mack or squid to tip off, great flattie bait...

Too much like hard work,gimme a big live rag anyday...catch anything except mackerel!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

chopper6 wrote: »
    Too much like hard work,gimme a big live rag anyday...catch anything except mackerel!

You'd know you're not a match angler anyway! :D

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »
    You'd know you're not a match angler anyway! :D

Damn straight..low-tech has always been my approach :)

Advertisement