Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stop boots smelling

• 10-02-2015 2:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭

Play 3 days a week. Any ideas how to stop boots from stinking?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Clean them.

You'll find it works with other things too. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Put tea bags inside them. The tea bags absorb the odors. Genuinely. Look it up. I'd advise against making tea with them afterwards though :) for yourself anyway :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Put tea bags inside them. The tea bags absorb the odors. Genuinely. Look it up. I'd advise against making tea with them afterwards though :) for yourself anyway :P

Careful. Tea bagging may not be allowed. Certainly not before a game!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Careful. Tea bagging may not be allowed. Certainly not before a game!

I'll see ya in the showers afterwards so x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Those Silica Gel packets will work better than teabags, just get a few from whatever you buy next and put them inside the boots when you aren't wearing them.

The smell generally comes from moisture (either from sweat, or rain/dew), and the Silica Gel absorbs moisture.

If your feet themselves are smelly get some tea-tree oil and apply with cotton wool morning and night for three days, in between your toes, bottom of your feet, top of your feet to just below your ankle, smelly feet are caused by bacteria which the tea-tree oil is very effective at getting rid of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

If your feet themselves are smelly get some tea-tree oil and apply with cotton wool morning and night for three days, in between your toes, bottom of your feet, top of your feet to just below your ankle, smelly feet are caused by bacteria which the tea-tree oil is very effective at getting rid of.

Where can you get that stuff?
    Chemist?
    Health shop?

Really should do something, as I'm driving herself mad with the pong!
    I nearly can't stand it myself! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I've seen it in places like Boots, Lloyds and Health Food shops too.

It comes in a little brown bottle, like this

tea_tree_oil.jpg

It's great stuff, I have very sweaty feet, and even with anti-odour insoles in my shoes my feet need treating with Tea-Tree about twice a year.

When you put it on in the morning (after a shower obv) it kind of seeps out through your socks into your footwear, and has an affect there too.

But yeah, a few drops on cotton wool per foot, twice a day for 3 days and you'll be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Throw some baking soda into an old sock and leave in each shoe while not using them. That'll get rid of the smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I heard cold temperature kills the bacteria so maybe try throw your boots in the freezer after every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Throw some baking soda into an old sock and leave in each shoe while not using them. That'll get rid of the smell.

This works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kitty litter, apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I always put talcum powder in my socks before puttin on my boots, soaks up moisture which help to stop smell and blisters. Haven't had a blister since doing this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

I just use odour eaters. Do the job perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Clean boots, put newspaper in boots, bit of a spray of shoe deodorant now and again.

Smelly feet would want you moving away from polyester socks towards cotton when possible.

Advertisement