Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco stocking US stuff, twinkies, lucky charms, marshmallows

Options
  • 10-02-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

I saw a full section of US brand stuff in tesco (ballybrack). Unfortunately many of the prices seemed to be as outrageous as some other shops having them for novelty effect.

They are not showing online when searching.

I took a photo, a twinkie 10 pack was €7.12 and this was supposedly with 25% off already down from 9.50. This is 18.50 per kilo.

There were powdered drinks and jerk seasonings, giant marshmallows and many other things.

In this link I see a 10 pack of twinkies is $4 (€3.55) RRP in the us, and a photo shows them on sale for $3 for 10
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2364515/Twinkies-store-shelves-smaller-before.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

I saw the Twinkies too but I was really delighted to see the bottled Root Beer! Horrendous price but I wanted a treat for my Dad and bit the bullet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Just keep in mind a lot of US snacks are full of corn syrup, gm foods, E no's that are just called Yellow 5 or 6. Twinkies...7 euro for a hit of 37 ingredients:eek:
    Grand for a once off novelty but Tesco are cashing in on this gut rot. Monsanto too.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Saw Lucky Charms in Tesco for almost a tenner. 10 euro for a box of cereal :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I paid about €5.60 for a box of s'mores poptarts in Tesco, which is an unholy rip off but I love them. Love, love, love. Might drop over and leave a valentines card on the shelf for them now actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

I'd suggest that people take a look at the ingredients in that American stuff, and ask themselves if they're happy putting that stuff in their body. It's absolutely shocking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'm entirely happy with it. Junk food is just that, junk food. I know what's in it, it's not my regular diet, it's not something I eat very often and I'm happy out that I've got a decent thing going on with the occasional monster food treat. Besides which, regular old Irish/English/European sweets have plenty of ingredients in them that aren't good for you to eat. A bag of Lidl cola laces I have here has glucose-fructose syrup as its main ingredient followed by a list of stuff that isn't exactly health food.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

It's a high price to stop you getting fat...just like no alcohol after 10pm and minimum alcohol unit price to stop people getting drunk......

.......Ya right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I paid about €5.60 for a box of s'mores poptarts in Tesco, which is an unholy rip off but I love them. Love, love, love. Might drop over and leave a valentines card on the shelf for them now actually.

€4.11 now in Tesco! Had them yesterday.. nom nom :pac:

Advertisement