Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike computer

• 10-02-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

What do you look for in a Bike Computer?

I was thinking about Giant Ridesense (for a Defy Advanced 1)
    Computer + Bracket + Cadence/Speed sensor for approx. €116....with option to get Heart rate for €55. The good thing is ANT+ is compatible with Apps like Endmonda.

Seems good value compared to Garmin prices. I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts or experiences on Garmin Ridesense.

The other positive is that Ridesense seems to integrate very well into frame....without bulky sensor showing.

RideSense.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Garmin Edge 500 bundle incl speed/cadence sensor and HRM on Amazon for £170 at the moment (==229eu).
    Assuming ridesense doesn't have GPS, then you are paying 60 to add GPS capability. So depends on how you will use it, and whether GPS/ride mapping is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GAFF

rtmie wrote: »
    Garmin Edge 500 bundle incl speed/cadence sensor and HRM on Amazon for £170 at the moment (==229eu).
    Assuming ridesense doesn't have GPS, then you are paying 60 to add GPS capability. So depends on how you will use it, and whether GPS/ride mapping is important.

Re GPS....I normally use Endmondo App....as ANT+ works with App so GPS, Cadence, Speed will all come via App.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

So your mobile has Ant+ hardware? Mine (Nexus4) doesn't that decided me on garmin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

So your mobile has Ant+ hardware? Mine (Nexus4) doesn't that decided me on garmin.

Currently supported mobile phones and devices:

Monterra (Garmin)

HTC Rhyme (HTC)

GALAXY Note 3 Lite (Samsung Electronics)

GALAXY TabPRO 12.2 (Samsung Electronics)

GALAXY Note 3 Neo (Samsung Electronics)

GALAXY TabPRO 8.4 (Samsung Electronics)

GALAXY TabPRO 10.1 (Samsung Electronics)

GALAXY NotePRO 12.2 (Samsung Electronics)

GALAXY S5 (Samsung Electronics)

GALAXY Grand 2 (LTE) (Samsung Electronics)

GALAXY J (Samsung Electronics)

GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) (Samsung Electronics)

GALAXY S4 (Android 4.3 and up) (Samsung Electronics)

GALAXY Note 3 (Samsung Electronics)

Xperia T2 Ultra (Sony Mobile)

Xperia Z2 Tablet (Sony Mobile)

Xperia M2 (Sony Mobile)

Xperia Z2 (Sony Mobile)

Xperia Z1 S (Sony Mobile)

Xperia Z1 Compact (Sony Mobile)

Xperia Z1 (Sony Mobile)

Xperia Z Ultra (Sony Mobile)

Xperia SL (Sony Mobile)

Xperia acro S (Sony Mobile)

Xperia X8 (Sony Mobile)

Xperia x10 mini pro (Sony Mobile)

Xperia S (Sony Mobile)

Xperia x10 mini (Sony Mobile)

Xperia ray (Sony Mobile)

Xperia pro (Sony Mobile)

Xperia neo V (Sony Mobile)

Xperia neo (Sony Mobile)

Xperia mini pro (Sony Mobile)

Xperia mini (Sony Mobile)

Xperia ion LTE (Sony Mobile)

Xperia ion HSPA (Sony Mobile)

Xperia arc S (Sony Mobile)

Xperia arc (Sony Mobile)

Live with Walkman (Sony Mobile)

Xperia active (Sony Mobile)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GAFF

As dashcamdanny shows my Samsung Galaxy S4 has ANT+ Plugin Service pre-installed. I'm assuming it will work with RideSense....until I get a RideSense sensor I won't know.

What's pushing me toward RideSense
    - is how neat the sensor integration with frame.
    - Cost seems comparable with Cateye
    - Cost Cheaper than Garmin
    - Integration with Apps like Endmondo via ANT+ (to give similar functionality to Garmin).

I'm new to this and don't have experience with any of the above products......I hope I haven't misinterpreted the info I have read.

• Advertisement
Advertisement