Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argon e-116 v's P2

Options
  • 10-02-2015 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Any thoughts?

Veering towards the Argon, eye-candy, good value & decent set-up (not neccessarily in that order:) but been told that P2 set-up can be a bit more forgiving in aero on lower-back (mine isn't great)

i presume spacers / stem can be adjusted on the Argon too to make it more forgiving, any advice welcomed!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I had the same debate last week and have gone for the E116. Being a midget the Argon's probably fit me better (from my research and from what they've told me in B2R both this time and when buying my road bike from them) and obviously there is no point in a TT bike that doesn't fit you, it won't be aero.

The cost exceeds my ability probably and my history with bike training for tri but triathlon's all about the snazzy gear, right? ;)

I've an Argon road bike and I love it so that was always going to swing me towards argon. There are a few threads on random forums online comparing Argons to other bikes that helped me in my research. 116 is an awesome looking bike, people probably know more about the P2 because it is more widely used and there still isn't much argon use in Ireland so probably hard to get a fair comparison just by looking at the specs.

Edit: Argon (I believe) give greater fit options than the P2, can't remember where I read that though (probably when I was searching for bikes for midgets on google). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

D33 wrote: »
    Any thoughts?

Veering towards the Argon, eye-candy, good value & decent set-up (not neccessarily in that order:) but been told that P2 set-up can be a bit more forgiving in aero on lower-back (mine isn't great)

i presume spacers / stem can be adjusted on the Argon too to make it more forgiving, any advice welcomed!

I had a felt b2 which I loved and would recommend to anyone who it fitted correctly. Had to change as could not stay comfortable enough on it on longer rides. Went back to bike fitter with a few alternatives and he recommended the Argon. Loads of scope for adjustment etc. Feel a lot more comfortable etc. Love the Bike. Def recommend Argon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

If a bike fits the comfort of the bike is much more influenced by tyre pressure and width than the frame.

given that frames have almost identical stack and reach you are almost looking more which aero bar you like better.

Advertisement