Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed renewal date for VHI. What can I do?

Options
  • 10-02-2015 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

After going through the mass of literature on VHI v various insurance companies, I finally decided to go to Laya. Only to discover that, through my own stupidity, that I missed the renewal date for VHI by two days.

Can I still get out of the VHI policy? Or do I have to suck it up for another year?

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place. And thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

You can cancel for upto 14 days after your renewal date

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Redhenrun

LostArt

Thank you so much for getting back to me so swiftly. Cancelling now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Redhenrun wrote: »
    LostArt

Thank you so much for getting back to me so swiftly. Cancelling now!

But make sure to sign up another insurer first. Other wise if you have pre-existing conditions you will be penalised with a new insurer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

hfallada wrote: »
    But make sure to sign up another insurer first. Other wise if you have pre-existing conditions you will be penalised with a new insurer

incorrect

Advertisement