Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson Ariva 153: Please post questions here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I find if you were after moving channels around/creating groups etc, you need to restart the box otherwise channels will freeze the odd time. I never got Youtube working on the ariva

Backup your channel list first to the usb stick first.

You'll need then need to update the firmware for the 153

Unzip to a usb stick. Go to menu and upgrade the software allcodell+bootloader.

Then you can upload the channel list using the same menu but choosing just channel list rather than allcode+bootloader

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

dingbat wrote: »
    Hi folks. Wondering what the latest firmware file with full IRL & UK channel list is? Box ran into a problem so I reset it. Lost all channels and it looks like I've a long night ahead unless I get a nice neat upgrade file!

Help would be much appreciated.

Anyone got an updated channel list knocking around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Anyone having problems with RTE One & Jr. The picture keeps breaking up and freezing. Started a few weeks ago.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Most likely a problem with your aerial

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    Most likely a problem with your aerial

Probably should have said in the original post. I've another box running from the aerial (triax) and RTE One is working fine.

Would it need to be re-tuned/scanned etc?

IsMiseJoe wrote: »

Would it need to be re-tuned/scanned etc?

No, in that case its either a cable or connector issue most likely . To rule out the box as the issue swap them around.

No, in that case its either a cable or connector issue most likely . To rule out the box as the issue swap them around.

Could be that the signal is borderline too, so much so that the sensitivity of the tuners is coming into play. Especially if he is trying another box at the same location (assuming both boxes are looking at the same dvb-t mux frequencies !!!!)

Tried the box in the other room today and there is no issue.

Must be a cable or signal problem. Any suggestions for someone with limited knowledge of this kind of stuff?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think I've messed mine up. Re-downloaded the channels yesterday and now have about 20 Channel 4s in a row at the start of my channel list and all the other stations are all over the place.

From reading the thread is there a file I can get that will order them some way sensibly, or even part way and I can use the 'move' key myself?

This week's lesson...leave the bloody thing alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭ps200306

I have a weird problem with my RCU650 remote control. I love it because it controls my Ariva STB, TV, and HDMI switcher. But many times when it hasn't been used for a few hours, e.g. overnight, it doesn't work no matter what you press. It still flashes a purple transmit light, but won't control anything. It's as if it has "crashed". Sure enough, popping out a battery for five seconds makes it work again. I'm pretty sure the batteries are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Logo

My Ariva box hasn't updated with the one hour forward last month. I've tried turning it off and on but its clock is still keeping winter time and didn't make the time change for last month. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Logo wrote: »
    My Ariva box hasn't updated with the one hour forward last month. I've tried turning it off and on but its clock is still keeping winter time and didn't make the time change for last month. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

You’ve to go into menu, system settings and you’ll see the option for date and time you can toggle between winter / summer time. Sorry I’m not in front of the box to give exact instructions but that’s the general gist

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Jamerican

A family members 153 box has a password on it, and we can't guess it. It won't allow us to access any part of the menu without it. We've tried all the usual easy ones but no luck. He had it set up way back and never needed to do anything with it, so he never knew there was a password on it. Is there anyway to remove the password or even reset the box completely without accessing the menu? Thanks

Only way I can think of is to use another box and a null modem cable to download the firmware from one to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SomeDude

Hi All,

I’ve tried an automatic scan, but for the Irish channels only RTE 1, be3, RTE Junior and RTE 1 +1 are showing up under the DVB-T channel list.

Does anyone know how I can get the remaining Irish channels? I think we are nearest the Kippure transmitter. I’m presuming I go through ‘Terrestrial Manual Scan’, however, I’m confused as to how to actually tune the channels from this point!

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭habanerocat

SomeDude wrote: »
    Hi All,

I’ve tried an automatic scan, but for the Irish channels only RTE 1, be3, RTE Junior and RTE 1 +1 are showing up under the DVB-T channel list.

Does anyone know how I can get the remaining Irish channels? I think we are nearest the Kippure transmitter. I’m presuming I go through ‘Terrestrial Manual Scan’, however, I’m confused as to how to actually tune the channels from this point!

Thanks.

There is two transponders.
    Have a look here.
    You may have the wrong aerial.

http://www.freetv.ie/digital-tv-aerial-selection-guide/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

SomeDude wrote: »
    ... I’ve tried an automatic scan, but for the Irish channels only RTE 1, be3, RTE Junior and RTE 1 +1 are showing up under the DVB-T channel list.

IIRC, terrestrial manual scan brings up options 'scan mode', 'scan band', & 'ch. no.'?

Set scan mode to 'by channel', then you only need to select 'UHF' for band, & the channel no. for your missing services will be 54 in the case of Kippure, & 30 for Three Rock.

The fact they're not showing up in auto scan would indicate poor signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

hi all,
    where can i download the latest firmware version?
    the links in earlier pages no longer work
    Thanks,

ciaran75 wrote: »
    hi all,
    where can i download the latest firmware version?
    the links in earlier pages no longer work
    Thanks,
    Hi, follow this link and select your model

http://ferguson-digital.eu/pobierz/pliki-tunery-telewizji-satelitarnej/

Thanks for that, can I install the latest version, think I'm still on 1.28 or do I need to install other versions inbetween first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Yes, you can go straight to the newest version, no problem. Just remember, you will need to rescan for all your channels and reorder them when you install the latest firmware.

New firmware released :
    http://ferguson-digital.eu/?wpfb_dl=1653
    Changelog
    version: 1.33B5

- fixed recording encoded channels (CA, CI, CI+)
    - improved CI+ cooperation with CA
    - improved efficiency and stability
    - improved web services
    - and other minor mistakes...

If anyone needs firmware with FTA satellite list (or with 3 rock or kippure) built in I can post this too. Upgrade at your own risk and do not proceed if you get a "bin mismatch" warning.

Hi All,
    trying to get live tv / pause working, added 32gb usb stick to device and formatted with fat32
    when press pause the image pauses but sound continues.
    i use an av receiver for sound but surely if you pause it would discontinue sending audio signal.
    any ideas what i'm doing wrong?
    Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 11 soundroom72

Hi, I can get CNEWS, TV5 MONDE, Nickelodeon etc.. but no BBC, ITV using Astra 2, I am using latest Firmware V1.33B5 and searching as per the Video Guide. Any troubleshooting steps, thanks
    Update, the terrestrial channels not available, Ariel signal not good, I am upgrading from another Saorview box that worked and Ariel not moved, is box a dud?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Hey,

For a few of my apps I cannot open the menu in the top left. I'm guessing this is a version issue but can't find anything googling. The box is running v5.3. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

The Ariva 153 does not have any apps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

The Ariva 153 does not have any apps ?

Oops, apologies, it's a 4k not a 153.

No worries, perhaps a new thread might throw up the answer

Hi, I can get CNEWS, TV5 MONDE, Nickelodeon etc.. but no BBC, ITV using Astra 2, I am using latest Firmware V1.33B5 and searching as per the Video Guide. Any troubleshooting steps, thanks
    Update, the terrestrial channels not available, Ariel signal not good, I am upgrading from another Saorview box that worked and Ariel not moved, is box a dud?
    Are you sure you have scanned the whole satellite rather than just a single transponder ?

Saorview stations what type aerial do you have

• Registered Users Posts: 11 soundroom72

STB. wrote: »
    Are you sure you have scanned the whole satellite rather than just a single transponder ?

Hi, I’ve scanned the whole spectrum, it’s a sky transponder (sky q) I think because it splits the signal I need a new transponder, this true? I’ve also installed firmware from Ferguson site (as part of troubleshooting), if anyone has an Irish firmware for FTA in Cork be good too :), saorviewvi have an Ariel that worked with a freeview box.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

At the request of the posters concerned, the listening to radio posts have been split:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057898845#

Hi, I’ve scanned the whole spectrum, it’s a sky transponder (sky q) I think because it splits the signal I need a new transponder, this true? I’ve also installed firmware from Ferguson site (as part of troubleshooting), if anyone has an Irish firmware for FTA in Cork be good too :), saorviewvi have an Ariel that worked with a freeview box.
    Do you or did you have sky q ? The lnbs on the sky dish for sky q are not compatible with FTA boxes unless they are a hybrid lnb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Having a weird issue with my 153.
    Updated to the latest firmware as I wanted to see if the EPG had improved (hasnt btw)
    Ive scanned for the satallite channels, dumped the channel listed, edited in Ariva_Editor tool and uploaded back onto the 153.

THe order I have put the channels in is working, but the channel numbers have not changed.
    So I have BBC 1 first in order, BBC 2 second etc.
    THose channels are showing with the original numbers they were picked up in. So to get to BBC1 I might have to type channel 36, to get to BBC 2, I might need to type 70

What did I miss? Channel list on the box before I did this was fine. Any ideas?

Don't edit the main channel list. Make a favourites list and copy the channels you want to that list.

Try turning LCN off in the menu

wobbles wrote: »
    Having a weird issue with my 153.
    Updated to the latest firmware as I wanted to see if the EPG had improved (hasnt btw)
    Ive scanned for the satallite channels, dumped the channel listed, edited in Ariva_Editor tool and uploaded back onto the 153.

THe order I have put the channels in is working, but the channel numbers have not changed.
    So I have BBC 1 first in order, BBC 2 second etc.
    THose channels are showing with the original numbers they were picked up in. So to get to BBC1 I might have to type channel 36, to get to BBC 2, I might need to type 70

What did I miss? Channel list on the box before I did this was fine. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hi there,
    I'm trying to play a movie off a USB stick on the Ariva. I have found the USB via the Media Player option and can play the movie in the small video screen in the top right, but I can't see how to get it full screen?

Thank you

Edit: Got it. Didn't realise you had to press the Play button in the lower section of the remote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 peterjosephbrow

This post has been deleted.

Unfortunately it sounds like the power supply board has stopped working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 peterjosephbrow

• Advertisement

You the chap who was trying to connect this to a Sky Q LNB ?

Sky Q LNBs only work with Sky Q Boxes.

No power on the box at all ? Have you checked the fuse in the plug ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CillBillll

My receiver thinks some terrestrial channels are radio stations mainly BBC FOUR, BBC RB, ITV(2,3,4,Be)+1, Quest+1 4music and 4seven

Sometimes re-tuning puts them in the tv list but then puts others with the radio stations

Has this happened to anyone else? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Logo

Don't edit the main channel list. Make a favourites list and copy the channels you want to that list.
    Many of the channels on my Ariva 153 box were no longer working so I deleted all and re-tuned channels. But how do I make a favourite list? TIA

Is there an app to download to use as a remote control for the Ariva 153? There used be , “Ariva STB Remote” but the AppStore haven’t updated it in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SandyMac1234

Help please.
    Ariva 153 box stopped working.
    TV showing Mode not supported.
    Have checked TV with Xbox using same cable no issue.
    Had some one look at connection on roof to dish and ariel look good.
    English stations were working yesterday, but did notice Irish have been gone for a time.
    Any info much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭ps200306

Haven't had the Irish stations for a long time. Did they change frequencies? It's possible my puny indoor aerial isn't good enough. Lot's of satellite channels HAVE changed. Is there a way to download settings, and does somebody have some? Recently started splitting audio out with a small splitter box and impressed to see the Ariva does surround sound.

• Advertisement

https://www.saorview.ie/changes
    ps200306 wrote: »
    Haven't had the Irish stations for a long time. Did they change frequencies? Recently started splitting audio out with a small splitter box and impressed to see the Ariva does surround sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

CNN won't tune in now, anyone know why?

CNN won't tune in now, anyone know why?

Check the signal quality or the transponder. Maybe your dish is ever so slightly off. I know I lose CNN when the weather is bad so the signal isn’t the strongest anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Check the signal quality or the transponder. Maybe your dish is ever so slightly off. I know I lose CNN when the weather is bad so the signal isn’t the strongest anyway

Works fine on an inbuilt TV tuner though

Works fine on an inbuilt TV tuner though

Are you using 11671 H 23000? I’m not at home to check but I know 11082 H 22000 definitely works for CNN sd

• Advertisement
Advertisement