Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card faulty,ordered 2nd card,they cancelled the 1st oone !!!

Options
  • 10-02-2015 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hello,

Let me begin by saying that today,i'm still wonderign how i'm still a client !!!
    I've had only bitter experience with you guys !

My 1st card had the chip faulty.
    Called in the branch and explained the situation,asking of is possible to keep it "faulty" and to get a replacement or a second card but to keep first one active due to a huge list of saved suppliers, online accounts and other related... i know that card number at 3AM in the morning,very handy when you want to pay for something.

From my Dunboyne branch ive been told that will be an extra charge for second card,we keep the 1st card active but i will not be able to use it in the shops,only the 2nd one.Also,there is a annual charge for 2nd card. I said big thanks you thinking of how many accounts i save and avoided to update !

Now,ive received my 2nd card,used it fine,actually ive used both for few days.

Friday,one supplier called to say that payment failed and i need to pay it asap.I gave the 1st card,failed,gave the 2nd went ok.I tought is a glitch.
    It happened again,with another transaction on Friday.Hmm.

Now,in the morning,i got a final reminder payment that if i dont pay it some online services will be cancelled.I thought is a joke,as funds are in the account...

Tried to do a manual transacation and it failed,saying account "Verified by VISA" is locked.
    Called BoI "verified by VISA" and they told me that the card number has been cancelled !!!
    The 1st one !!!

My question to your staff here...in plain English...what part of request to keep the 1st card AND issue a 2nd card on same account has been misunderstood !?
    Who is responsible for cancelling the 1st card ?
    Hod did they issued a 2nd card and both of them worked for a short while !?
    Guys...does "join thinking" makes sense in that place !?

Now...i am spending today and tomorrow updating all suppliers accounts,PayPal and other unknown known suppliers ! BUT ... to do it better,i think is a good chance of moving,switching the bank !

I'm sure that the staff member that made my day miserable will still have a job at the end of today,cause who gives a fcuk about real customer's problems here...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Ctrl Alt Del

Thanks for getting in touch here on Boards.ie regarding your card replacement query.

We totally understand your frustration and certainly empathise with the recent situation. 

We are aware when an existing Visa Debit Card is faulty, a replacement card can be ordered. It's possible to keep the existing card active for a certain time, usually up to 30 days. After this time frame, the faulty card is cancelled and no longer available for use. It requires the customer to update the new card information with their suppliers and retailers etc.

From reading your post, we're extremely apologetic that this was not explained to you in branch at the time of the card reissue. It certainly would have saved a lot of time and confusion for you. Please be assured we're sending this post in full to Management within the Branch. 

We understand you are considering switching account, we really hope you will reconsider this and continue banking with us. We'd like to reassure you, Customer Service is of the up most importance to us and we're hoping in time your impression of our Customer Service will become more positive. 

We realise this has been time consuming and upsetting for you. If you feel we can help further, we'd like to offer our support here. Please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement