Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admin Password

Options
  • 10-02-2015 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I've been trying for a few days now but getting nowhere. One of the guys at work can't remember his administrator password on his PC (Windows 7).

I've tried Ophcrack and a few other free password recovery tools but we're getting no joy. It doesn't even start up. Is there anything else we could try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ is a resetter (to blank) rather than an editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Nolic

Do you know how to 'boot off a CD or USB disk'?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Yes I do it regularly. You may need to check the boot device order settings in your BIOS, and maybe google your PC model to check if it supports USB booting, if that's what you want. I use YUMI (http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/) for that, but there's also unetbootin.

I ran the ntpasswd and when I went to reset the password for Administrator and User, it said the user probably didn't have a password and that the password was probably blank. I got a NO NT MD4 Hash Found and NO Lanman Hash Found either. Does that mean anything to you?

I got it working. Thanks a million for your help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

Nolic wrote: »
    I got it working. Thanks a million for your help
    You should probably post how you sorted it. (for any future posters who run into the problem)

Personally. NT Offline Password remover works for me every time...

I have two users on the computer. An Administrator and specific user. Every time the specific user would try to download something, it would ask for the Admin password. Well I tried clearing the password for Admin with NT Password Remover but it kept on coming back saying I had no password set even though I did. I did all the steps as required but then decided to give the specific user admin rights. When I did that and restarted, the passwords were cleared. Don't ask me why but it worked.

Hope that helps anyone who gets the same error.

When I downloaded NT Password Recovery, the folders also went onto my E:Drive. How do I delete those files? It's creating errors on my laptop. When I try to delete, it says I have no Administrator rights even though I do. Is there a way to delete these files? Also my E:Drive is now called chntpw 140201 which is the latest version of NT Password Recovery. Can you help.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Advertisement